The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car is idling after intake install

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Car is idling after intake install

Hey guys,

So I just swapped out my short ram intake for a cold air and ran into some problems. When I had the intake off I cleaned out the throttle body some and I'm thinking it might have caused part of it. When I first start the car, the gas pedal is stuck. I have to really push on it to get it unstuck, and then it's good the rest of the way. I'm kind of thinking maybe some gunk got caught around the edges and is causing it to stick? Next, I was driving to work today and after stopping at a light my RPMs got really low (.5-1) and then the car stalled out on me. Did the same thing on the way home after I put it in neutral. Any idea why I wouldn't be getting enough RPMs to keep the car running?

Throttle body needs to be cleaned its all gummed up that's why it's sticking. Next check for vacuum leak either the new intake after the maf if your a 2.4 check the t/b flange for cracks if all this check out ok you might need a new maf they are delicate and need to be handled with care so inproper handling can cause it to go bad. Report back with your findings

Did you unhook your battery during the swap? If so and the cable was stuck the ecu might think it has a higher idle.

^^^ You have no idea what u are talking about.

Of course I unhooked the battery. And yeah I was kind of thinking the TB was the culprit but just haven't had time to check it out tonight. I'm really hoping it's just that, since like you said there must be some gunk around the edges still which is what is causing it to be so difficult to push the pedal the first time. I'll report back tomorrow morning and let you know! After I get all this supposed snow off my car... lol

Sorry for the super late reply! After cleaning out the TB a little more and making sure the edges were clean, the car runs perfectly. Maybe it was just the ECU getting the ratios right, maybe it was the TB, who knows. But no more stalling!

Good to hear