The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I have a lot of questions, and have gotten very few answers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    really depends on how much longer it would take for you to get the money and parts together ofr the swap and how badly the auto trans is working. If you're set on the 5 speed and the trans is too too bad then I'd say f the rebuild and got for the swap.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

rebuild sounds like a huge waste of money to me...

I would definitely get that gas situation looked at and fixed first then do what mko said and make sure that pully/belt situation gets fixed
    As for the tranny how bad is your auto acting? I would just save for the 5spd swap and drive the auto till it goes, But thats just my 2 cents.

Your air bag is fine its just the cover that curls just like the defroster vents we all know the dash's in these cars are eff'd after almost 20 years lol unless you are lucky and got the fabled 1% non US builds

Alright, I am fixing the gas problem early in the morning, as for the pulley. I am going to have to find someone with a cherry picker so i can yank my engine out, while all of it is out i am going to replace the two belts again, the auto transmission is running a bit better. I did what everyone tells me not too and put some additive in it. If it holds up for a couple months i'll just keep using that and save up for either a 5 speed or a used auto tranny. I hate the fact of having an automatic but i didn't get to pick the transmission...
    I have all of the money for the tranny rebuild. I just do not know anyone that can do it, and i surely do not know how to do it lol...
    So i'm just going to wait, and save up the money.

I also found my oil leak, a mechanic took a look at my car from the bottom up and saw where it was wet and said "it's your valve cover gasket."
    So that's two problems fixed just to find more to arise. I need to replace my inner and outter tie rods so i can get an alignment.

Edit: Something else i just thought of, what cars could i take a transmission out of and put onto my car?
    I found a bunch of places selling used transmissions with a 3 year warranty and such, and they're actually pretty cheap down here in Texas.
    Last edited by Texasryan; 03-11-2013 at 05:12 AM

You dont need a cherry picker to get the water pulley out. Jack the engine at the oil pan (use wood plank) and remove the dr. side motor mount. The pulley is right there.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Seems legit so I assume you plan to do this yourself since you didn calculate labor fees. if that is the case the junkyard is your toybox
    The parts interchange for these cars is pretty deep.

I recommend you view mko and eclipsh build threads and read the tutorials search and search some more this site is GOLD

Lol ninja welding skills
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Alright cool, i fixed my oil leak, and my gas leak. I just need to go the pulley now, and i'm not sure how to go about taking it off honestly...

An adjustable strap wrench works best to hold the pulley as bolts are loosened or tightened. You can also use a screwdriver between two of the bolt heads to hold the pulley as you loosen the bolts using a 10mm wrench.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

I use ratchet wrench and I crack the bolts loose while the belt is still on. Then take off the belt and remove them completely.

check post 25 also
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    I use ratchet wrench and I crack the bolts loose while the belt is still on. Then take off the belt and remove them completely.

check post 25 also
    This way. Every time. easiest way.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

Sweet thanks all of y'all. I will begin fixing the pulley problem when i have the time. Thanks everyone for the help!
    Like i said before, if i never would've asked i would've never known about any of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12