The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fiberglassing headliner ?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

fiberglassing headliner ?

so ive started converting my interior to black and I think im going to do white accents. I carpeted the rear deck black and I did the headliner black but I messed up a bit. so I think im going to just fiberglass it and paint it to match my pillars. ive sanded the pillars down to 320g and will be primering them this weekend I think, and having a friend paint them in his both and clearing them with a satan or flat. the question I have is do you guys think that fiberglassing it will be to heavy, or has anyone done it before? once I have the headliner fixed and painted I post pics.
    Last edited by Skyline22; 03-30-2013 at 07:17 PM

my boy has it in his car its nice but his is a show car with a freddy kruger theme and the fiberglass is of kruger coming thru the roof

that's badass. do you have any pictures, id love to see that. how is the fiberglass holding up, was it to heavy at all?

interesting. u should take picture of your progress and share to c the finished project.

ok im having a hard time adding a picture how do u do that

i figured it out yay
    Last edited by Skyline22; 03-12-2013 at 09:35 AM

im interested in this also

so it doesn't stick to the old mold but I'm not surprised. it doesn't matter though since i can just use the new mold it made and will work just fine. it will be a lot of sanding but it'll get there

cant wait to see the finished project man. Just remember to take your time and do it right the first time or you are going to hate it

Back in the Family!!

it may take a bit i only have maybe an hour a week to work on it. but its slowly getting there about to finish the sunroof piece tonight

well bad news ive given up on the head liner its gonna take to long to do. so im gonna go get one from the yard and have it rapped in black. but ill keep posting pics of the rest of the interior as it progresses.:(

IDK about the 8g, but with 7g headliner I have to fold it a bit to get it in.

How do you plan to do that?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

u have to fold it to but i was gonna do it in 2 pieces the put it in with a new hanger near the sunroof

still working on little pieces here and there but not alot of time to do it

Quick question. Is the stock head liner bucket plastic or fibre? I had a small sunroof leak and am wondering if the water deteriorated it.
    2002 ES, V6, 140K