The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel pump change out surprise

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Fuel pump change out surprise

Took out my fuel pump assembly to put in a new fuel pump cause I thought mine stopped working cause I thought it was diffractive. Check out the assembly wires I found.
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

Time for a new sending unit.

I just picked up an 00 Eclipse with burnt wiring at the pump. Is this common with the 3g/8g?

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

just get the connector that usually comes with a new pump... dont change out the whole thing
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Meh. New sending unit at the yard is 25$ if you go to the right yard. Drops right in and you don't have to mess around with wondering why that one fried out in the first place.

That said, whatever does it for you.

The connector got hot and one of the pin connectors melted out of the top if the unit where the harness plugs in. I'm going to get me a unit from a junk yard and switch in the new pump I bought for this one.
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

Just out of curiosity has anyone set up an external fuel pump?