The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: manual swap ecu codes v6

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

manual swap ecu codes v6

So I did my manual swap at the end of October and I now need to figure out how to get the codes cleared. I'm debating whether I should flash my current ecu or if it would be better to get a 3G ecu. Problem is I don't know how to actually clear the codes myself. I did go to the oreillys and checked to make sure it was only throwing me the shift solenoid codes and I wrote them all down to make sure it was throwing the right ones I need to clear.

P0750 Shift solenoid A
    P0755 shift solenoid B
    P0760 shift solenoid C
    P0765 shift solenoid D
    P0740 torque converter clutch solenoid circuit.

It is throwing more codes but I know those are from me and my dad putting the up stream and down stream O2 sensors in the wrong banks. So if anyone can help me with this code thing it would be awesome. I've read through I believe Mrod's thread the whole programing thing goes right over my head. I'm pretty much gonna let my dad walk me though it seeing how that's what he does for a living

The 99 is the only year that can be swapped without codes, if you want to get rid of them you're going to have to put in a 3g ECU. This will require getting under your dash and making some changes to your wiring harness.

Ok bet. I'll be buying one soon then. And I'm guessing its just a matter of matching up which wires of where from the wiring harness or do I need to get the wiring harness as well?

No it's pretty simple, it's just incredibly tedious to the point that it's easy to mess up.

When you the ECU you'll want to get an exact pinout for both your car and the ECU you are going to use. Remove your stock ecu and pull down some of the wiring so you can see what you're working with. In the back of each of the plugs there is a little colored retainer, you can pry this out with a small screw driver. Once that is out you can pull the wires out of the plug (they just kind of pop out and snap back in, make sure they go all the way back in when you move them) and transplant them to where they need to go. Obviously you'll want to do this one wire at a time and check them off on your pinouts as you go. Like I said, it's simple but easy to mess up.

The differences don't span the whole harness, they're actually quite similar. It beats soldering like the tards on here who have attempted ECU swaps and failed miserably. Keep it simple, you can run whatever the eff you want without touching an iron.

Thannks silvertune good looking. Like I said I'm gonna get my dad to help me with this one because he has a little more patience with the whole wiring thing than I do lol. Guess I need to find a diagram of where all the wires should be for the ecu swap.

I cannot stress enough to make sure every single wire is correct. One wrong pin could be the difference between your car starting and not starting. Pay extreme attention to detail. It's entirely feasible, yet so many have cars that don't run because the importance of that is forgotten.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Thanks for the heads up man. I'll make sure to be super careful with the wires. Hopefully I can get it done in the next month or so. I'm tired of looking at the service engine light every single day.

I have to clarify a few things here. First if you do attempt to swap in a 3G ECM you'll also need the harness that goes with the 3G ECM because the harness is a 2 row harness where the galant's is a 3 row harness so in no way shape ir form will this work without that's if your a 2.4 the 3.0 retains the 3 row on a 3g... Secondly there is a fix for the 00-03 galant PCM to show no codes but you'd have to invest in an open port and contact the only person who knows how to fix the codes witch is alot cheaper and a ton less time consuming. Thirdly after the 3G ecm swap you need a reflash anyhow to start the car because of the immobilizer, so why go thru all that trouble for a simple reflash to begin with.. Food for thought because none of this was metioned.
    Last edited by deeznutz; 03-10-2013 at 06:29 PM

If he can really kill the codes with a reflash then I'd be alllllll over that. Don't touch your wires if you don't have to, even if it's simple.

I have a 01 6g72 so I'm guessing mine is the 3 row harness. But if its really a less painfull rout to reflash my current ecu then i'm all for it. There really isn't a reason to flash twice. who's the one that can do it on here and how much does he charge? I mean I have until the end of the year before its time to get my tag done for 2015 so I have plenty of time but I would like to get it done before july definitly. I would gladly reflash mine myself if I was that tech savy but I'm still learning a lot as I go.

Isaurio is the one that can do it for you. It's been done with his 02. Contact him for all info.