The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intake resonator

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

intake resonator

so i removed the lower air box (piece of cake even without a jack or removing the wheel). easy, quick, since its before the filter and MAF i am not double thinking it. i removed the resonator on top of the engine and plugged the side channel with a pvc cap and after reading through many forums and mainly 4g eclipse forums, i put back the air resonator on top of the engine after the MAF. it seems that that one has more actual purpose as opposed to solely muffle. can anyone provide more clarification on this? i have the lower air box removed completely and i put back the upper resonator after the MAF. should i keep it this way or take it back off and plug the intake?

also, i have a cai in the mail which is why i was proactive and took off the lower portion and realize once you install the cai the upper resonator will be useless anyways, but this is for knowledge and if i ever get rid of the cai.

thanks!

Mine is cap. No change in performance just more intake noise :)

I did the same thing, but used an external wastegate block off flange. From all I've read here and on other car forums, it's purely a sound muffler. In fact, the website picture of the Injen cold air intake I just ordered showed piping going to both intake manifold and the resonator box. When I unpacked the intake, the piping to the resonator box was nowhere to be found. I called Injen to make sure they had sent me the right part. Their tech told me that everything was fine and that their engineers had removed the resonator box piping because it was muffling the sound of the intake too much. Tech on the phone told me to plug up the resonator.