The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/C control relocation

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

A/C control relocation

so ive been searching a few days now and ive only found the classic move one space up or move one space down but ive never found any info on how to move the controls from that section complete as in to the glove for example. i know its hard due to the wire control that turns the knobs but i know it can be done, seen it on a few cars like cencee for one off the top of my head if anybody has any info please let me know

from what I remember, Censee no longer had control over the heat after he did it..don't quote me on that, though. If you figure it out, definitely make a tutorial. I know a lot of people that want this done to their cars, but don't want to take the chance of doing it.

At first glance, the control wires would be the main issue. Extending the electrical wiring and mounting the unit wouldn't be hard at all.

As far as those control wires, I think just play around with it. Trial and error. Get a spool of 20 ft. or so, and see what lengths would work where you need them. Then make some mounts for them to slide through smoothly to the unit. Easier said than done, but it'll be worth it

ohh boy. good luck.

Hey Fresh I have had it all out before the cables to control the bypass for the heat and the one for the vents might be able to be flipped for length and possibly reach where the ash tray is.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    from what I remember, Censee no longer had control over the heat after he did it..don't quote me on that, though. If you figure it out, definitely make a tutorial. I know a lot of people that want this done to their cars, but don't want to take the chance of doing it.

At first glance, the control wires would be the main issue. Extending the electrical wiring and mounting the unit wouldn't be hard at all.

As far as those control wires, I think just play around with it. Trial and error. Get a spool of 20 ft. or so, and see what lengths would work where you need them. Then make some mounts for them to slide through smoothly to the unit. Easier said than done, but it'll be worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by troubled4g64t View Post
    Hey Fresh I have had it all out before the cables to control the bypass for the heat and the one for the vents might be able to be flipped for length and possibly reach where the ash tray is.
    i guess ill just try it and see what happens lol whats the worse that can happen right =/

sidenote : troubled4g64t i see ur near boston we should link up sometime over the summer if ur interested wit some of the other guys in the area