The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: does anybody knows who G this is?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

does anybody knows who G this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3p1g...PCaSLg&index=1

im currently trying to do the same thing to my back deck but have no fiberglass know how what so ever and every place i went hunting for info u have to pay for something lol

no, but Ive seen this video. Its a nice looking set up.

Fiberglass isn't that hard.
    Check out this tutorial: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...TID~74519~PN~1
    The same methods can be applied to almost any area of the car.
    Create a skeleton, wrap it tightly in fleece fabric, staple it down, apply resin and add fiberglass sheets/strands. make sure there are no bubbles. sand sand sand

I would create the skeleton inside the car, then remove it and work the rest outside.
    Caraudio.com has a lot of good build threads.. fiberglassforums.com did too but theyre currently down.

thanks for that point in the right direction fiberglass fourms was the place i was going to go when i was ready, which i currently am lol, but as u said they are down so thanks for that direction. my main concerns were really like what tools to use to create the circles i have no wood experince lol figured i would need a tool other then a power saw with a straight blade but from what i seen on google/youtube once u get the skeleton down the rest should be easy with some patience.

The most common tool I see for circle cutting is a router. I've done some circles with a jig saw, but it's not going to be as clean as a router. You can also buy pre-made circles made out of MDF. Ive seen those pop up a lot on caraudio.com

For the rear deck, 3/4" MDF wood is probably be your best bet. Anything thicker is overkill. MDF is easy to cut and sand and is relatively cheap.

Needs more bass. With those big woofers in the deck and the subs in the trunk, getting inside of there with a cell phone camera should've clipped the hell out of the mic. It sounded pretty clear though.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

If you use MDF, make sure the pieces you cut are sealed with paint (which you probably will be doing), MDF has formaldehyde and if you don't seal the MDF the formaldehyde can leak into the car and give you cancer.

Check out the "safety concerns" section http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-density_fibreboard
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    The most common tool I see for circle cutting is a router. I've done some circles with a jig saw, but it's not going to be as clean as a router. You can also buy pre-made circles made out of MDF. Ive seen those pop up a lot on caraudio.com

For the rear deck, 3/4" MDF wood is probably be your best bet. Anything thicker is overkill. MDF is easy to cut and sand and is relatively cheap.
    yes time to go tool shopping lol

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Needs more bass. With those big woofers in the deck and the subs in the trunk, getting inside of there with a cell phone camera should've clipped the hell out of the mic. It sounded pretty clear though.
    yea that stuck me as strange as well im hoping they turned the bass down to show off the voice speakers cuz u can see a type x in the trunk thru the seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    If you use MDF, make sure the pieces you cut are sealed with paint (which you probably will be doing), MDF has formaldehyde and if you don't seal the MDF the formaldehyde can leak into the car and give you cancer.

Check out the "safety concerns" section http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-density_fibreboard
    i had no idea of that at all thanks for the heads up

a little much but everyone is difference