The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RRM Ralliart turbo kit

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

RRM Ralliart turbo kit

So, I just went through the forums over at club4g.org and it seems they thought that the 2004-2006 lancer ralliart big 16g turbo kit (here) could work on their 2.4 4g69 4g eclipses. I'm relatively new here and hope I'm not bringing up an old topic, but with a reflash from Hackish (see here) and some mods to the kit, mostly piping, does it seem like it should work?
    Still looking at going custom turbo, but if there's a proven method, figure it's worth a try.

The down pipe would be the only problem i see. But 4k is expensive for a kit that requires additional work. You could look into/research turbo set ups for the 4g69. You could turbo your car under 2.5k if you research and search. Most of your set will be custom but it isnt difficult to be creative.
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 03-19-2013 at 01:19 PM

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

4g69 exhaust manifold flange is completely different from 4g64's, but like exhaust power said you can research and come up with something great and cheaper than that. You just need to find a manifold and choose your turbo and go from there.

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    4g69 exhaust manifold flange is completely different from 4g64's, but like exhaust power said you can research and come up with something great and cheaper than that. You just need to find a manifold and choose your turbo and go from there.
    Wait so there different headers? my bad i thought i read they were the same some where.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Yep
    4g69:

4g64:

4g64T 5spd

Thanks for the advice guys. If I can put together a custom build for 1.5k that's well worth it. Another g to tune and dyno is still a great deal for turbo. And just to clarify, I'm running a 2.4 9g, which has the 4g69 manifold. Hoping to be the first f/i FE!