The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: starting 5 speed swap on my 8g

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Showing results 141 to 143 of 143
    Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millerlite2224 View Post
    Thanks any help would b nice what switch are u talking bout
    It's the neutral safety switch that goes on the pedal asy so when you depress the pedal you can start it? Well I didn't wire mine up like most members did in the engine bay, you know the two wires everyone is saying to connect so you can start it ? I took two wires and fed them in the cab, by the pedal. Instead of connecting them directly to each other. Two seperate wires,one side on the switch and the other to the other side, I went to the jy and sniped a connector to plug in directly on the switch ,but on my pedal asy I have two different spots for the switches. One is for cruise control switch( the top part of the pedal and l the lower is for the neutral switch) I put the switch on top so when you depress the pedal is would start the car and cruise works perfect. Good luck. Hope this helps and I didn't confuse you. Lol!!

It's a little confusing yea so I just hook those wires to the top switch and it will still crank and the cruise will work

Experienced TGC Member
    I think you also have to connect the wires at the PCM also. Can't remember . There is a tut on here also about the c17 connector at the PCM or Ecu (which ever you want to say ) . I'll see if I can find it again for you. Just came to me the connection at the PCM is for your speedo to work. But search a lil and you shall find it my friend. If not pm me. But yes run two seperate wires into the cab to the switch.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678