The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: starting 5 speed swap on my 8g

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 143
    How are the seats?

Might have to get you to help me in the future, I'm looking to get mine done

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    -Andrew

seats are good there black cloth there in real good shape and that aint no problem man any time to be honest im just doing this learing as i go and by reading the forums and im pretty mechaically incline to so that helps alot

update got the clutch pedal and got the clutch master in with the resivior have to drill and tap a spot to mount that but its in doing all i can while i wait for the clutch. anybody know of a good clutch to use that dont cost freaking 300 bucks? im not paying that much for it and it just a stock g motor i was thinking bout an xtd stage 3 or something any body got any ideas

my fix to haveing to put those bolts back in under the dash welded 2 nuts to the back side so i can bolt it on form under the hood lol

i got a question when i bolted the clutch to the fly wheel is the clutch supose to be tight in there between the fly wheel and pressure plate or is it supose to be a little lose idk ive never delt with a clutch b4 ive always had automatics that ive worked on. on an updated note got the shifter mounted and the linkages ran welded me sum nuts to the part thats under the dash so i can bolt them in from under the hood now lol trying to not go through that again

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Yes it is

«Carlos»

ok so its supose to be tight thanks for the info

this manual stuff has me all kinds of confused on how it works lol i can drive one good never took one apart to work on it so its all a learning experience for me and down here in nc i aint got noone to help me im trying to do this whole swap on my own and i have to say it aint easy buy no means for anybody thats considering it get a freind to help u wont regret it lol

I know what you mean I made mine 5spd and that was my first 5spd i ever owned and actually drove hardest part was the damn cables but I did what you did except I didn't weld a nut I put a screw through the bay once it was all through I put the nut from the inside hand tight easy

«Carlos»

yea i said i wont going trough that hell again trying to put them back in lol the one on the drivers side i went to drill out and the drill spun the bolt out when i hit it with the bit. hopefully gonna have this done by end of nxt week

Your going to love it once your done I did mine in one day then helped my bro do his v6 which was a pain in the ass that trans was heavy compared to the i4

«Carlos»

yea i cant wait i love driving a manual car i have been figureing this out since i boutght the car 6 years ago. and when the auto tranny messed up i said well this is the perfect time to do it. and i was way suprised at how light the I4 manual is i no the I4 automatic is a beast 2 that thing weighs twice as much as the manual

well getting ready to do my swap 2day fixing to tear out my trans got the pedals and shifter in already gonna drop the trans and all that 2day anybody got any last min advice b4 i start

ok got the trans in not bolted up yet it got dark on me and i dnt got power at my shop yet lol gonna go there today and try to get it bolted up and get the pedals all buttoned up any body no the proper ttpe of trans oil to use in these im not sure and how much

Use pen they sell it at auto zone and 3qts I believe

«Carlos»

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millerlite2224 View Post
    ok got the trans in not bolted up yet it got dark on me and i dnt got power at my shop yet lol gonna go there today and try to get it bolted up and get the pedals all buttoned up any body no the proper ttpe of trans oil to use in these im not sure and how much
    Pennzoil SynchroMesh, Redline MT-90, AMSoil 75w90, buy 3 qts., It uses something like 2.3 qts, the proper way to fill it with oil is wait till its installed and with the car on the ground fill it up until a little oil starts coming out from it.

4g64T 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    I used Pennzoil SynchroMesh and havent had no issues,and for the price you cant go wrong.

ok ima go with penzoil there motor oils good i normally use valoline how often do i have to change this oil is it like the motor oil or is it like rearend oil ina straight axle? again im new to this whole manual stuff i can drive one just dnt no much bout maintenance and stuff

ok got an issue my car wont crank now got the swap done and now it will not start at all it turns over but wont crank and body got any ideas i did short the 9 and 10 wires on the black harness

Make sure all sensors are connected back I had that issue but it was the pins I had wrong

«Carlos»

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast