The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: starting 5 speed swap on my 8g

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 143
    i didnt unhook the motor connectors or anything from the engine but corect me if im wrong but there aint but 2 plugs on the manual tranny aint there. the one in the back near the axles and the reverse sensor.what do i do with the harness on the clutch pedal just not hook it up? whitch pins are right like color wise and whitch plug? i was told the big balck plug that connects to the old park nutral switch. is that right the 2 biggest wires on there that u short out?

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    The one in the back is the speed sensor then you take the big plug there's 4 big wires two go to the reverse I hope your using the plug from the eclipse then the other two are for the car to think its in neutral and those go together now the switch on the clutch pedal don't worry about that you don't need it at all

«Carlos»

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

This is how, check if you got the right pins shorted
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 04-11-2013 at 10:40 AM

4g64T 5spd

ok so it is the big black plug then ill double check that when i get back to my shop

were exacally is the rev solenoid? is it the only other plug on the trans up front ?

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Yes

«Carlos»

ok im on my way back form the beach had to get away from the swap for a bit i was getting pretty aggervated with it lol but as soon as i get back ill check all that and get yall an update

ok so i feel pretty stupid didnt think to check my gas to see if i had enough in it to crank it. the gauge said it had a quarter of a tank but didnt take into consideration it was up on jack stands. lol i feel dumb. i shot sum startin fluid in it and it fired off gonna go today and put sum gas in it. i gotta question can u adjust these clutches if u can how. the reason i ask is i tried puttin it in gear and holding the clutch to see if the wheels would move when i cranked it and they still are moving. could this be cause theres no weight on the wheels or is something wrong?

If you have the clutch pedal to the floor the wheels shouldn't move,
    How to adjust the clutch:

4g64T 5spd

thanks for the info on this and i screwed up a little bit as i was pulling the carpet padding from behind the air box i pulled 2 wires apart from the harness anybody no were a red wire with black strip and a brown wire with a black strip with silver dots go it come through the main harness and connects to the pcm

im not getting any power to the fuel pump and its got a full tank of gas. put my test light to the main power on the pump and it has no power wondering if one of thesse wires goes to the pump

First check the fuel pump relay in the engine bay fuse/relay box, check if fuel pump works, swap it with the one thats for the a/t trans, if that doesn't work then one of those wires is the cause, what year is your G your gonna need a pinout to locate where those wires go.

4g64T 5spd

its a 2000 model 4cyl were can i get a pin out and whitch ones for the fuel pump its nto really labled in the fuse box

Its a relay its located in the "L" shaped fuse box on the engine bay look at the inside lid of that fuse box for specific location, I don't have a pinout t the moment

4g64T 5spd

ok ill keep searching for the pinout im afraid ima have to remove the dash to get to were it broke at looks like i cant catch a break with this try to do a simple swap and end up with a huge headache

well looks like im gonna have to remove the dash and airbox so i can get to were the wires broke and fix them looks like im in for some fun

You just need to take out the lower dash part and the ac blower.
    If you can understand this then it will help you:
    This is a Galant to Evo pin out(credit goes to underated), the pin numbers for the galant are at the right side of the chart, on the chart you can see whats that pin for, on the left side of the chart you can see the pin locations, look at the one that says <A/T> this image is as if you were looking at the ecu connectors from the car/wires side Hope it helps Fuel Pump Relay is Pin #21
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 04-16-2013 at 12:01 AM

4g64T 5spd

yes this helps im going to work on it today and ill let yall no hopefully if i fix it

this is what u get when u try to rush to get stuff done and rip the carpet out from under the dash with some pliers u have to rip the dash out and airbox just to repair them lol

this is what was wrong with the engine i pulled from the parts car eclipse a busted piston belive it or not the block was not messed up since the piston didnt turn

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast