The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: starting 5 speed swap on my 8g

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 143
    got the pcm wires fixed and car still wont crank wires are shorted right could the fact that the dash and everything no being bolted in cause a grounding issue cause hte dash brace is nto bolted up either

O.o What caused the rod to do the Terminator impression, oil starvation?

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

i guess so the guy i got the car from didnt no nuttin bout a car i drained bout 2 and a half quarts out of it i no when i took it apart all u can smell is burnt oil

iAye pobrecita! Hate to see such neglect. Anyhow, I wish I knew the answer to your no-start problem. You may have a ground issue with the dash support being out, but I've never done a disassembly to that level to know for sure.
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 04-16-2013 at 10:17 PM Reason: re-read what's going on

-Greg

i had to cause of me trying to pull that gray glued up carpet with sum pliers and pull 2 wires apart on my pcm and had to remove the airbox under the dash to get to it to fix it a major pain in the tail. ima replace my heater core and everything while i got it out lol so i aint gotta do it again. and yes ill agree neglect like that is terrible and the sad part is it was like a 30 year old man letting go like that u would think he would no how to check the dang oil its kool though ima get the block checked and if its good im gonna start my build race motor

gonna try shortin those wires again 2day anybody got anything else on why it might not crank im not getting any reverse lights either when i hook them up

well i feel like a pure total dumb@$$ when i took the dash out to fix those wires i unpluged the imobilizer plugged it in fired right up still gotta adjust the clutch cause the wheels still spin when the clutch is pushed down but other than that i think im bout ready to get it on the road

There you go! Glad it's nearly sorted out.

-Greg

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Good to hear but we all make mistakes

«Carlos»

yea me too glad its bout over yall didnt lie when yall said it was a pain still gotta say that the shifter cable bolts were the most pain in the ass though

does anybody no why the clutch wouldnt be engaging. i havent adjusted it yet gonna do that tomarrow. just want sum info on this. could i have put the release bearing in wrong i hooked it back on with the wire clip that was on it. anybody got a link of video on the proper way to put that thing in. also could a bad slave cause this also how do u tell if the slave is bad?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

First bleed the system completely, adjust the pedal and then move to the other stuff. A slave or master cylinder are bad if they are leaking fluid, take off the slave cylinder boot and see if there any fluid leaking also check the area of the clutch pedal/master cylinder for leaks.

4g64T 5spd

if the tires are spinning then it is engaging you mean it wont disengage, and yes, you need to bleed the system and you should be good to go unless you messed somthing up :)

let me know i have almost brand new slave and master if you need them ill hook you up.

yea i ment disengaugeing lol i dnt got any leaks so ill keep bleading it and if it dont work ill try adjusting it. if that dont work i might have to drop it again to see if i done something wron with the release bearing it does just stay on with that wire clip right? or does it hook to the metal and the clip hold it in place?

when i took off the old one it popped off so i didnt really get to see how it whent on

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Yes the release bearing stays on with the clip only, the clutch release fork attaches to the trans by the pivot ball.
    Bleed the system as much as you can. DO you have pressure on the pedal or does it easily goes to the floor without? Adjust the pedal. Have someone step on the clutch pedal and watch for the slave cylinder movement.

4g64T 5spd

ok just makeing sure i put it on right cause it was a little lose with just that clip on it lol just bleed the crap out of the system still wont disengauge gonna go and adjust it now acording to how that video u put on here for me tell me to and hope that works if not ima drop thje trans to make sure everythings right in there. i was bleeding it wrong i thought u did it like u did brakes didnt no u cracked the bleader open and then pressed the pedal. so got it bleed to were nuttin but fluid comes out now so it should be bleed plenty pedal is very tight but it does have some small play in it right as u push down on it but i think thats were it need adjusting. with it being a new clutch and all it might need to be adjusted back. gonna do that nxt hope for the best will let yall no.

well clutch is bled pedal is tight clutch adjusted and still no disengaugeing of the clutch the wheels still spin with the clutch pushed down. anybody got any ideas on what might b wrong? could i have the release bearing in wrong?

sounds like you need a new slave cylinder.

TURBO= in the making.......

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast