Thread: starting 5 speed swap on my 8g

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 143
    Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Is the car on or off the floor?

«Carlos»

no its on stands with the wheels off does that matter

Put the car on the floor and go from there when I did mine and had it off the ground my wheels were spining bleed it and check everything while the car is on the floor

«Carlos»

it being in the air like that would cause the clutch not to disengauge?

Not sure but its best to try it while the car is on the floor

«Carlos»

ok thanks ill try that b4 i pull the trans back out

If the car is up and the engine on the wheels are going to spin unless the clutch somehow splits the plates perfectly. There is ALWAYS drag on the shafts in the transmission, even if you're in neutral if there is zero resistance on the wheels they will turn.

Even when you depress the clutch, the plates aren't sprung to come apart. They're like brake rotors, they still rub together and again, when there is zero resistance at the wheels they will spin.

Put the car on the floor and try it again. If it doens't want to go into gear when you have the clutch down then you have an issue but if it goes into gear fine then what you're seeing is 100% normal.

ok thanks for the info this is my first time working on a 5 speed so all this is new to me ill try that as soon as i get the time.

i got a question does my slave cyilinder need to be compressed when the clutch is not being pressed down or does it still look like its normal i noticed on another car that when it was jst sitting there it was compressed in and when the pedal was pushed it would push out. i ask this cause mine just sits there like it would if it were new in ur hands . and when the clutch is pressed it only moveout maybe half an inch.

Don't waste your time!!! Just get a new slave cylinder! Even the car is on jack stand or floor it should be able to engage your clutch. The slave should be pressed all the way when you stepped on the clutch pedal.

TURBO= in the making.......

Is it bled right?

«Carlos»

ive bled it so much that ive gone through a big bottle of brake fluid

Lol if adjusting doesn't work either do what zobgel said

«Carlos»

i adjusted it acoording to that video someone posted on here but the more i adjusted it i never got tighter or anything and that video was for a 2g dsm are they the same? adjustment wise i mean

Yes they are but if your pedal is too far in its going nowhere my clutch pedal is the same height as my brake

«Carlos»

mine further up then my clutch pedal i have to push it in further so it gets more travel

thanks zobgel i put a new slave on it blead it an it now is disengaugeing also thanks to 99galantES for all ur help 2 and everyone else that helped me out through this. gonna try and put the wheels on it 2day and take it for a test drive

Welcome and glad you got it all working

«Carlos»

Good to hear that you got it fix man. If you just listen to my first post you should get your car fix long time ago. LOL

Now enjoy your galant! :]

TURBO= in the making.......

u no what dude lol i never saw were u put that on there until just now yea if i would of seen that eairlier would of saved me sum time. i still aint got no revs lights though and ive got them wired up right anybody got any sugestions lol i can live with out them though

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast