The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: starting 5 speed swap on my 8g

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 143
    anybody wanna come help put this thing back together lol

well guys she runs good shifts great couldnt ask for any better it has never had that much torque b4 wow night and day difference this is after i drove it today

thanks to everyone that stuck it out with me and helped me out with doing this i greatly aprreciate it. now gotta get it all back together

Congrats! Glad you got it sorted out.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

yea now just gotta put it all back together

Looking good

TURBO= in the making.......

Big ups
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

thanks yall still aint got the reverse lights working yet but i think the rev switch on the trans is bad cause im not getting anything on them gonna replace that next. its wired up the way everyone told me to so ik its not that. and id like to apoligize to master visionary i was supose to sale him the muffler off my parts car eclipse and i sold it b4 i got it off. i completly forgot bout it. dont think i did to bad though sold the car for 700 bucks with no engine or trans or anything dealing with the manual set up and only paied 1000 for the car. if ur ona budget get a donar car its the cheapest way lol.

i for got to mention to the people that are planing on getting a parts eclipse or a 3g flly wheels set up theres a center cap in the fly wheel that has to be knocked out b4 u can use it on the automatic engine someone correct me if im wrong but its got to come out it wouldnt fit on my car until i took it out ill get a pic of it up tomarrow to show yall what im talking bout

well got to drive it for the first time on the road today and all i can say is wow. that auto trans was holding this car back alot ive never been able to do a burnout like that b4 lol had to try it. for any body wondering if the 5 speed swap is worth it dont wonder its well worth it ill put up the video if me doing the burnout a little later

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millerlite2224 View Post
    well got to drive it for the first time on the road today and all i can say is wow. that auto trans was holding this car back alot ive never been able to do a burnout like that b4 lol had to try it. for any body wondering if the 5 speed swap is worth it dont wonder its well worth it ill put up the video if me doing the burnout a little later
    ^^ x2!!!

cant PM for whatever reason...sssooooo at any point did you have to mod your ECU to not get the CEL? I have an 03 and doing research and I have found I need to get an older ecu and flash it or flash my own. Dont really feel like dropping $100 bux on a cable i'll only use once to do it my self.

Experienced TGC Member
    Yes the Ecu has to be patched if you want the cel light off . Hit up isario for the patch. He is AWSOME when it comes to this, as a matter a fact I just goth Ecu back from him last week and it works great. He even tuned it for the manual trans and let me tell you it is a totally different car. Props to isario. Quick on doing it and kept me inform with every step ..

nice! thats exactly what i was looking for! I was hoping someone on the forum would offer the service! Thanks for the quick response Coconut!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xgingerbreadmanx View Post
    nice! thats exactly what i was looking for! I was hoping someone on the forum would offer the service! Thanks for the quick response Coconut!
    Welcome!!!

At the bottom of the page, change the TGC Dark - Fluid style to the standard style, and everything will work. Then you'll be able to PM.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Well i'll b! Thanks! But now it looks all.....normal lol.

Qwick question is there any way to make the cruise control work after the 5 speed swap

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millerlite2224 View Post
    Qwick question is there any way to make the cruise control work after the 5 speed swap
    Yep, I think i put the switch on the top part of the pedal, the starter switch. I'll have to look how I set I up for you, if someone dosent beat me to it.

Thanks any help would b nice what switch are u talking bout

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast