The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: brake questions

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

brake questions

A friend of mine is parting out his evo and im going to be picking up his brakes. the rotors are shot, but is there really anything i need to do the swap. i was thinking master cylinder and maybe lines. anything else im missing? also, does the dual ecu for 5 spd swap really work on 02-03? not going to take it if it wont work.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

as far as brakes go, you don't need the evo master cylinder, I however did switch to an evo proportioning valve,I had the v6 prop valve for a while, had to opportunity to get the evo one for free so I switched, I would def recommend doing that so you can get the max benefits of the rear brakes so pick up one or the other. While you're in there, get some good blank or slotted rotors, a set of SS lines and that's it. I know you have a 4cylinder but idk if you have a rear disc swap already, you'll need the rear back plates from a v6 to bolt the brembos on. As for the dual ecu I have no idea whatsoever.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Yeah I haven't don't the disc swap in the rear yet. Thx for the advice on the proportioning valve. Now will I need galant as lines or EVO as lines?
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I used evo lines
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D