The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: car churning but wont start v6

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

car churning but wont start v6

As stated. I put gas in, but not able to get the car to turn on completely, the car sounds normal when cranking besides actually turning on?

fuel pump. ignition. two things to check easy enough to do And it will isolate. if further issues need attention. most likely one of those two does it cough or
    just crank
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

spark fuel and air

I'm having the same problem.

The engine was last ran in August 2012, 7 months ago. Got done with the 5 speed swap went to start the car for the first time after the swap and the car will not start. The engine just will not turn over, it sounds like it wants to turnover. I test today I'm getting spark, I can smell fuel when I press on the gas as I try to start it, it has gas in the tank, the tranny ground is connected, I connected the wires (B/R & B/Y) so it thinks its in neutral, starter is working strong. Don't know what to try next.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

pull a coil and a plug and ground out the plug to any kind of metal and have a buddy crank it. be careful not to touch any metal part or even close to a metal part with your hand as you will get shocked. if you have spark try spraying a little ether in the throttle body, quickly slide the intake back on and see if she starts then. *dont spray ether through the MAF, you WILL short that sucker out. if it runs when you spray ether its obviously a fuel problem and if you dont have spark then youll have to check why you dont have that. check to see if you have any codes in the system, maybe you left a cam sensor connector disconnected. prob not gonna make the car not start but its always necessary to double and triple check your work.

check the coil in the distributor. its an easy enough test with a multimeter. if its weak, you will not fire.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

I'm going to try the ether and check with a multimeter tomorrow, thanks
    00 Eclipse RS MT

So today I opened the throttle butterfly and sprayed some ether in the intake mani and the car started then died, so I'm not getting fuel but I didn't even touch anything fuel related during the trans swap that I know of. I think my next step is checking the fuel pump with a multimeter, correct? what wires do I check on the fuel pump?
    00 Eclipse RS MT

make sure you have the correct pins connected on the a/t wiring harness.

^ yes, quadruple checked, I'm going to try to switch the Fuel Pump Relay from my eclipse and see if that works

EDIT: switching the Fuel Pump Relay from the eclipse didn't work either and I put the one from the galant into the eclipse and the eclipse started up fine.
    Last edited by Black8GV6; 03-30-2013 at 07:16 PM
    00 Eclipse RS MT

I sprayed starting fluid in my intake and my car starts and dies. Think its the fuel pump?

most likely

get under the car and have someone turn the key to ON(don't crank) you will or wont hear the fuel pump come on. if it comes on check injectors and fuel pressure, if it doesn't, replace it. good luck
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both