The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can't get one screw out for drivers side window switch. Trying to remove

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Can't get one screw out for drivers side window switch. Trying to remove

Just like the title says. Its one of the two bottom screws, but its the one closest to the panel it self. I cant even get a stubby phillips in there!

Any help appreciated, I'm tryna have the panel back on by tommorow I hope

are you able to take the piece that it is attached to? i think you have to take off the woodgrain piece first then the window switch will come off after that.

I was gonna try that, but it seems like there are two more screws left on the trim for it to slide out, but the switch is blocking access to it lol. If it wasn't for this one screw I could be done already. Speaking of wood trim, that's actually what I'm tryna install in the place if my worn silver pieces

This is your best friend for that screw. You can find these at any home improvement store.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Thanks lol, might've had one putting some furniture together once. I know its know use crying over spilled milk, but my last car was less annoying when it came to taking out interior bits. Mitsubishi makes you go threw hell and back for the window switch trim, but all the radio trim takes is a slight pull. Which do you think a thief will go for first, a radio or a window switch lol. At least make the more valuable/usable item the hardest to get to. Not to mention, broke multiple cap covers on the door panel screws lol smh. First time I took a door panel off, didn't break one...go figure

Thanks for the suggestions guys btw

Funny story..sometimes with my cars, on going problems I have seem to follow me into my sleep. Well had a dream this morning I figured out a way to get that screw with out that tool above, and that's just what I set out to do when I woke up. Long story short the little wrench for changing dremel tools works. Its a tight fit, but its small enough to work. One end is a small open wrench design, but the other end is like a small flat head, and that's the end I used.

Got the trim installed, and the panel back on.

Thanks again fellas