The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lancer acting up

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Lancer acting up

A friend of mine has an automatic 00-02ish Lancer (don't remember the year but I know it's one of those) and when she's driving she has to push the gas pedal all the way to the floor so it can go & she says it drives slow when it does go, and it does the same in reverse. I got in it, put it in reverse but it didn't even move by it's self. I had to push the gas pedal down more than you'll usually have to to make it move slowly backwards. I noticed that it felt like the brakes were grabbing or something because right when I let off the gas pedal it would like slow down real quick, almost like the brakes were applied. I thought maybe her brakes are locked up or something is up with her transmission. I'm not 100% sure, so I wanted to see what you guys think?

Car starts fine? First thing that pops into mind is a problem at the throttle body honestly
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Yea starts up fine, it's just when it's moving you have to push the gas pedal more than you'll usually have to.

Check that the throttle body cable isnt seizing up and the throttle body plate is opening all the way
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]