The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: aggressive wheel fitment

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

aggressive wheel fitment

im looking for some aggressive-ish wheels for my 8g, thinking i had a big bodied car i went and got a set of wheels WAY too big (11.5) in rear lol. but now im coming to my senses and trying to get a better sized wheel for my car til i cut my fenders apart and make the galant fit a real aggressive wheel. i been doing my research and i saw that someone made a 19x10+25 fit just clearing the rear knuckle the wheels im looking at are 18x9+14 (front) 18x10+14 (rear) is that to aggressive? i dont want another case of poking out the wheel well by a good 4 inches lol but if its do able with roll pull camber i will pull the trigger. what do you guys think?

wheel in question

work vs-kf

Depends on tire size and rear camber.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

i would be getting tires so whatever size i would need i could buy accordingly but how much camber would i need? i can get a kit from ingalls or something? and would the fronts fit with no issue or would i need to camber that as well? im going for the fitted look trying to tuck wheel both front and back if possible

Coils or.bags?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Problem with bags is they are quite often WIDER then their coil spring counterparts. Coilovers will provide the most clearance front and rear...especially with the width and offset you want. Also, I was the one who fitted and drove on a 19x10 +25. If I was going aggressive as I could on a Galant it would be this fitment;

19x9.5 +30 front (215/35R19)
    19x10 +20 rear (225/35R19)

You may need to radius the rear fenders for additional clearance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Problem with bags is they are quite often WIDER then their coil spring counterparts. Coilovers will provide the most clearance front and rear...especially with the width and offset you want. Also, I was the one who fitted and drove on a 19x10 +25. If I was going aggressive as I could on a Galant it would be this fitment;

19x9.5 +30 front (215/35R19)
    19x10 +20 rear (225/35R19)

You may need to radius the rear fenders for additional clearance as well.

thanks for the info im completely oblivious when it comes to this area but now i will try to find a wheel within those specs thanks man

I would also recommend fender flares. And no more than -2 , at absolute most -2.5 degrees rear camber.

if i used a spacer would i be able to clear a 18X10 +31 the wheels i that i planned to get got sold quick but i found by luck the set that i wanted from the start i am on bags so could i fit that wheel without MAJOR fender work like a roll and pull?