The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: PCM replacement and various related questions

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

PCM replacement and various related questions

I have determined that I am in need of a new pcm for my 03 galant. The issues I am having is that the dealer is about 50 miles away and the car is no longer on the road, which means i cant drive it to the dealer to get it flashed. I am thinking there has got to be some alternatives. Such as, pulling a pcm and immobilizer from a wrecked 03 galant. Im thinking if I have the original VIN number from the donor car, that I can just flash a key to the new set and be good to go. I was also thinking if I got the pcm, immobilizer, key cylinder, and key from the same donor car and swapped them all out in my galant then everything would be ok.

If either of these options are viable, or if anyone knows a way in which I can get this replacement done without being able to get to a dealer Id be greatly appreciative.

Justin

What happen to original pcm how do you know is bad.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

The original PCM is outputting incorrect voltage. I brought my galant to my tranny guy when the cars CEL kicked on and the care went to limp mode. The code I dont remember, but the the diag was the a/t relay was bad. Tranny guy ran a complete electrical check and found no issues in the wiring or in the relays. Voltage tested going into the PCM was good, voltage out was bad, which is why the a/t control relay was throwing a code, it wasnt getting sufficient voltage. I already have a matching pcm and immobilizer, which came to me free of charge after my guy couldnt get my galant fixed up.

Seems legit to me, its troubleshooting 101 good input and bad output means faulty unit. So good voltage in bad voltage out, logic dictates bad pcm. So now Im trying to get this squared away because Im tired of looking at my poor car in the driveway.

Hoping somebody out there has an answer to my parts questions..

Either swap to Mt, Orr pickup an 02-03ecu and delete the immobilizer code from it and go..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

I happen to have an ecu already and the matching immobilizer. How do i go about doing the immobilzer delete?

Pcm wise. Best legit way is not to delete immb. All you need is to pull your old rom from bad pcm. Get the immb hex code them transfer to the new pcm. That way you could keep key and immb box.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Thanks Isaurio, Ive done some looking about and have realized that getting the parts for an ecu flash is a bit steep for me at this point. (cut hours at work) I was thinking perhaps I could find someone here that might be willing to donate their time and get me squared away . I could pull the bad pcm and pack up both of them and ship them out. Im kind of getting to the end of my rope with my galant sitting defenseless in the driveway. Suggestions? otherwise it seems that a full pcm imo and key cylinder swap is going to be in order. fml ya know

Pm me.

SOHC Turbo