The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 06 SE Wont crank/start

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

06 SE Wont crank/start

Hey guys,

The other day, my key broke off the key hub, which contains the transponder chip. So to start my car, I have to hold the key hub near the key as I twist it to start the engine. If the key hub isn't near the key while I try to start it, it wont turn over.

This morning before work I was able to start my car and drive to work. A few hours later I decided to move my car to a better spot. So when I tried to start the car, the engine didn't even crank. I even tried my remote starter. All I hear is clicking. I checked the fuses that may be possibly related to the issue but didn't find any blown fuses, I checked both fuse boxes, one in the driver's side and one in the engine bay. I even tried to jump start because maybe the battery could've died, no luck. Also, the alarm would chirp non stop unless I either stepped on the brake or had the key in the "ON" position. My radio doesn't turn on, windows don't open, power doors don't work. I have to manually lock every single door. I hope I don't have to spend $400 to get this issue resolved. Please anyone, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris

Disregard. Problem solved. I disconnected the battery briefly, reconnected, jumpstarted. Thanks anyways.