The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Greg's 2001 GTZ - Lots of Pics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

Greg's 2001 GTZ - Lots of Pics

Hey folks!

I've been debating whether to do a thread on my car since it's stock, but instead of whoring up the pics thread I'll just dump my photos here, and any changes to the car I'll chronicle here.

So at the top, most of you know I bought this car to replace my gray 2003 ES, who departed this life too soon along with my Diamante, may their souls rest in pieces (lol):

That fateful day

Here is my new baby the day I went to look at it:

Love at first sight and drive. Here it is the day I brought it home (the next day):

And soon thereafter my sound system went in:

So since I bought these wheels months before for the other Galant, naturally that was my next mod:

And since then not much has gone on. I did get 20% window tints after that:

And my Secret Santa (Keith) sent me some mint 8G-B heads:

And I was able to score some Enkei RPF1's for winter wheels on a super deal:

And here's how she sits today, since I moved back into the same apartment I lived in four years ago, I thought I'd take pics of my current car in the same spot I took pics of my old car:

And that's it. I drive it daily, I maintain it myself. No other hands since I've bought the car have touched it, and I'm proud of that. I will be doing the timing belt this summer, it'll be 60K miles since the last one at 150K and I'm currently at 143K. I also plan on refreshing the suspension myself, ball joints, tie-rod ends, the like. I am seriously considering replacing the bushings with Prothanes.

My future plans don't involve much in the way of power mods. I've been blessed with a nice SRI from Dion that I plan to install soon. After that, I may do this retrofit with the JDM heads sometime this year. I really want to upgrade the sound system, that's a big priority. Then I want to get a Diamante and turn that into a nice beautiful car that I and my wife can drive in comfort. Then, I'm thinking I'll do the five-speed swap (since I'll have another auto car for the wife to drive if something happens to her van) and after that, I'm so inspired by Matt's 6G75 swap that I might try my hand at it. These are long-term goals here though. I feel I have the mechanical know-how (I've been turning wrenches on cars and subway trains for a living for the last eight years) but I need the proper tools and space, which will happen after I move into my house. Stay tuned for more updates, though they'll be slow for a minute!
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 04-09-2013 at 04:00 PM Reason: Left out a few things

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Awesome! All yours cars look(ed) great. Very clean and well kept. I love seeing an owner that appreciates the car while building it up, rather than defacing it with stickers, bad paint and non-sense badges. That always looks obnoxious.

Can't wait to see the progress.

I love the before and after apartment pics!

Also, drove a 2001 DIAMANTE fully loaded with the works, what a cream puff. She drove like a dream, I can see why you miss yours.

Thanks Vic, I miss that Diamante, it was a very good car. I can't stop looking at the apartment pics, I see the slight differences but I got really close to duplicating those shots.

-Greg

Looking fresh Greg. I love the color red on the G.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Thanks bro!

-Greg

Love the GTZ in that maroon! I look forward to following this :D and don't worry my build is gonna be sloooooow too you're not the only one ;]

Also I hate to bring up bad memories but since I am new here I have to ask.. What happened to your old 8g and mante? Did someone hit them while they were parked??
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

I have to agree wiht Deadeyes. the GTZ in the color looks really nice. The few GTZs I see around here are white.

Such subtle details make big improvements. Clean car Greg. One this nice is definitely deserving of a 6g75 ;)
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by DEADEYES View Post
    Love the GTZ in that maroon! I look forward to following this :D and don't worry my build is gonna be sloooooow too you're not the only one ;]

Also I hate to bring up bad memories but since I am new here I have to ask.. What happened to your old 8g and mante? Did someone hit them while they were parked??
    Thanks, the color really sealed the deal for me. Some pics aren't as true as others, in the direct sun she really pops!

AS far as my first two cars, read here for details: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...i-s&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinxe View Post
    I have to agree wiht Deadeyes. the GTZ in the color looks really nice. The few GTZs I see around here are white.
    Thanks bro! I mostly see silver GTZ's if I ever see them, around here ES's rule.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Such subtle details make big improvements. Clean car Greg. One this nice is definitely deserving of a 6g75 ;)
    Thanks homie! I'm following your build closely, that's my benchmark!

-Greg

My G's twin!!! Looks great

I love the pics of both cars in the same spot. Very cool.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Those are some sick pics
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by Neo8G View Post
    My G's twin!!! Looks great
    #teamPatriotRedPearl unite!

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    I love the pics of both cars in the same spot. Very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    Those are some sick pics
    Thanks fellas, I appreciate that, I'm trying to produce better pics all the time!

-Greg

Great thread Greg with awesome pics. Still can't believe what happened to the other two.....................The red one however is a lovely replacement. Probably not what you Guys like, but how about going 8Gb front rather than JDM, they seem to be getting rare over there!

^^ IIRC

Greg = pre-face lift > 8ga > 8gb

I enjoy the progress on the GTZ Greg!

Have you considered removing the fins from the grille? Oh yeah and lower it (I know the reason for the delay, I just need to say it haha)

Feel free to tuck rim in back

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    I enjoy the progress on the GTZ Greg!

Have you considered removing the fins from the grille? Oh yeah and lower it (I know the reason for the delay, I just need to say it haha)

Feel free to tuck rim in back
    Best cheap mod! I did it, and makes everything come together. At least dip it black, that'd be hot.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    -Andrew

That shop needs moar rake

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Thanks, the color really sealed the deal for me. Some pics aren't as true as others, in the direct sun she really pops!

AS far as my first two cars, read here for details: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...i-s&highlight=
    Dang thats nuts!! At least insurance came through for you!
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast