The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AC control swap

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

AC control swap

i was searching the internet one day looking for new ideas for my galant and i came across a post to where someone swapped the AC controls from the ones that is in our cars to the one that is in the diamante but now i cant find it!! has anyone seen it??

That would be pretty sweet. the prelude guys do the same thing using the jdm ac units.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

There is some conversation on how difficult it could get to do a similar swap for a 7g here -

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...limate-control

And another one -

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...DM-AC-Controls

From what I remember, the electronic climate controls will need actuators/motors to actually move the controls which our 8gs do not have.

A guy did this recently to his 8G. I practically begged him to do a walkthrough, but he wouldn't. He put up two pictures in the "Post What You Did" thread, and that's it. It was late in the year last year or earlier this year in the very beginning, but you'd need to scroll back a while to find it. I would, but since he put no steps on what he did other than say he had to do some rewiring and mounting of the actuators and motors, I don't think it'll be much help. Good luck! If you're successful, please post a tutorial, this will help better the whole Galant/Eclipse community for different generations of the cars.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    A guy did this recently to his 8G. I practically begged him to do a walkthrough, but he wouldn't. He put up two pictures in the "Post What You Did" thread, and that's it. It was late in the year last year or earlier this year in the very beginning, but you'd need to scroll back a while to find it. I would, but since he put no steps on what he did other than say he had to do some rewiring and mounting of the actuators and motors, I don't think it'll be much help. Good luck! If you're successful, please post a tutorial, this will help better the whole Galant/Eclipse community for different generations of the cars.
    can you help me find the post??

Found this on youtube, kinda shows everything

15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by evo_powered_galant View Post
    can you help me find the post??
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...Today!/page343

Turns out he linked some page in Russian, Google Translate should take care of that, and there's wiring diagrams. I've seen him active recently, maybe he'll find time to make a thread about it. Either way, the links should help out, but I haven't translated them yet, so I don't know.

-Greg

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I practically begged him to do a walkthrough, but he wouldn't.
    "Practically" does not count! :) And I did not refuse to do a walkthrough, but I'm just busy at work and don't have enough time to disassemble my console again to take pictures to show process step by step. Sorry guys. I'm waiting for vacation (in July) and then I'm going to redo this install one more time.
    If you know a person who can read in Russian you can ask him to translate this "manual" :

http://galant-club.com/forum/topic/6...5%d1%80%d0%b0/

They use components from euro Galant and they a bit different, but you can get the main idea how to do it.
    Currently I'm collecting parts for another setup, so may be I can make a list of parts which you need to take from Diamante. It would help to start to project.

^^Work is work, can't avoid that. I wouldn't ask you to redo the work, I was thinking if you took pictures and documented as you were doing it the first time if you could share them, that's all. But between mko's post and that link (which is translated poorly -->here<--) we can get to understand how involved this is.

-Greg

not long ago I was thinking about this idea; but then, what about a complete dash change, from a World Spec left handed Galant?
    De que estamos hablando?

doing a complete right hand drive swap would be a huge undertaking...

Not to mention pointless.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

I've never understood the fascination with RHD here in the US. It's cool and all, but isn't it harder to deal with since we drive on the right?

-Greg

all of people want a head turner... that money i would do the right hand swap i would put in to a awd setup lol

does anyone know if there was ever a thread done on this i am really interested in trying this since i cant seem to keep my cables on my factory unit the things get tight and the clips pop out

Quote Originally Posted by millerlite2224 View Post
    does anyone know if there was ever a thread done on this i am really interested in trying this since i cant seem to keep my cables on my factory unit the things get tight and the clips pop out
    If you want to prevent your cables from popping out, a simple fix I did was, drill a hole under where the cable runs through the unit and used a zip tie to hold the cable down and prevent it from popping out. I'll try to pull the unit out once the rain stops and take a picture of what I did to give you a better idea.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    I've never understood the fascination with RHD here in the US.
    x2 lol

but that ac control swap is pretty nice

Thanks for the info idk why I didn't think of that my self now I feel kinda dumb cause I work with zip ties every day at my job and use them for almost everything