The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to make a 4cyl 7G Efficient

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    sell it and buy something with better gas mileage.
    bam i win!

Haha, that would be the case if I can't get it to consume fuel properly within a month.

The common thread here too is that all these MPG winners here are manual transmission cars, that auto really saps power and mileage and weighs more.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Sadly that is true, my G has an auto tranny. However, I have noticed that it eats less gas compared to a 2.2 liter 94' Accord with a manual tranny that I used to drive. Even if I really really drive the Accord efficiently, I still end up consuming gas more than what a 7g would eat in a 30km drive. Just a question to throw in to this thread, do 4 cylinder 8G's have better MPG's than 7G's? In the Philippines, 8G's would also come in either a 4g63 n/a engine or the 2 liter v6 engine. I kind of saw a local ad for a v6 twin-turbo AWD 8G, I'm tempted, but I am of course concerned with horrible fuel economy.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    8gs have the same motor basically in the US and they are heavier so worse mileage and the v6 is worse. 8g should have the same concept applied down there

just on the dam crash bar and stupid bumper on the USDM 8G thats what kills it. Specially with the Piece of shit auto trani. Like Dion calls it FAT PIG trani. Now when you start taking weigh off the G and put a 5 speed with LSD. UMMMM now is a different beast. Now Lets rise the compression get a DOHC, and you good to go.

I could say the PCM is just like the evos ECU. Mitsu did a great job there on making it so versatile to any mod. 02+ 512KB of memory = WIN

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12