The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Other Build Thread (over 100 pics)....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 42

My Other Build Thread (over 100 pics)....

...is of my house!

I'm having a house built just outside of Baltimore in a town called Brooklyn. It's actually part of another town, but in the last census they changed it over. Anyway, it's a townhouse built by Ryan Homes in the Pine Ridge Crossing community. It's a Strauss end unit model. I have been taking pictures of its progress and am dying to move in, mid-May it should be finished. Enough talk, since I'm a pic whore, here's pics, and lots of 'em:

The floor plan:

December 22, 2012, we signed papers, it's sold:

January 21, 2013, we looked over options and toured the decorated model:
    Basement

First Floor

Master Suite

February 15, construction started:

February 18, the foundation was outlined:

Feb. 20, the concrete was poured for the outline and garage support:

March 1, The concrete outline and pillars are up, and the framing is ready to go up:

March 5, the construction manager sends a pic of the foundation fully complete:

March 6, I go and investigate for myself:

They pre-assemble the framing and just hang it on site, here's all the framing ready to go:

March 7, I drive by on my way home and see the first floor already framed up:

March 12, the second floor is complete and parts of the third floor on other units are up:

Since it was raining, no one was working, so I got up close to the house no problem:

March 14, the third floor is framed up:

March 15, going somewhere else, I could see my house from I-97, the roof was being built:

March 16, the roof is completed. They are really flying!:

March 18, the 2-hour fireboards in between the units are installed (look for the green and purple walls):

Also, driving home, I could the houses from I-695 also:

March 21, windows started going in, roof shingles started going on, and the house wrap was finished up:

March 22, windows mostly in, roofs complete, and construction across the street started (which means that all those homes sold):

March 25, All windows in, the concrete pillars are in across the street (which is good, I'd rather have them nearly finished across the street when I move in):

April 2, the construction manager has a pre-drywall meeting with us to go over the options, make sure all is well and show us what they're doing to build the house, and answer any questions we might have. I notice the brick front is going up and the foundation is complete across the street. This is my first time inside the house:

This is our construction manager, going over the HVAC system and the wiring for the lights and smoke detectors:

This is the basement, and what will be the "man-cave." Those higher up outlet boxes? 5.1 surround sound pre-wire!:

HDMI pre-wire, no wires dangling from my TV this time!

The first floor/main floor with kitchen, dining room, living room and sitting room:

The second/top floor, with the bedrooms, two full baths and a laundry room:

The attic is all but unusable, there is so much ductwork and insulation up there. The house is Energy Star Certified, so it has a bunch of insulated ductwork up there and there is one big one that has a fan the vents the whole house, it turns on randomly to vent the house when its sensors detect the house needs it. Supposedly I won't hear it, but we'll see.

Back outside:

April 5, three days later, the drywall is in and the brickwork is coming along on the rest of the houses, nothing's changed across the street:

Mancave is coming together:

The garage is small, but I'll manage to use it:

Main floor:

Upstairs:

Laundry room^^

Shower in master bath

April 10, the bricks are done:

April 12, the vinyl siding is starting to get installed:

April 16, a couple weeks since anything happened on the opposite side of the street, and they finally start framing over there. Also, the siding is completed on the backs and sides of the homes and the garage doors are all in:

April 17, I get called out the house early to look at my sister's truck, solve her CEL problem and I find myself close to the house but too early to go to physical therapy. I drive by and decide to go in and see what's been going on. They been working. The cabinets and vanities are in, the drywall was complete, mudwork complete, paint and trim complete, doors mostly installed, and tilework starting. Also, the first floor is nearly framed across the street:

^^My house is looking good!^^

^^The mancave. I can't wait to have fight parties and Superbowl parties down here!^^

The kitchen and main floor:

My neighbor two doors down is actually one of my coworkers, I referred her to buy a house in the community so the builder gave me $500, she's the only person on the block who opted for a fireplace:

She's in a Mozart model, it's a little bit smaller than my Strauss.

I will update the thread with more pics as more progress happens. They have to finish the electrical and put in the floors, grass and driveway, and once I take delivery, I'll be getting a deck built. Thanks for hanging in there with all them pictures, this build means a lot to me!
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 04-18-2013 at 12:16 AM

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Congratulations on the acquisition! It's always great to see it come together.

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Wow looks really good and Congrats

ÂĞCarlosÂğ

congrats greg. let us know when its house warmin...

Thanks fam! I'll keep yall posted on the housewarming. Real talk, if you wanna make the drive, come on thru!

-Greg

Nice one Greg. You guys sure know how to build a house. Love the fact it's called a townhouse. In the UK a townhouse would fit in your garage!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Vee View Post
    Nice one Greg. You guys sure know how to build a house. Love the fact it's called a townhouse. In the UK a townhouse would fit in your garage!!
    Really? I guess because of the land being smaller over there they do that. But thanks Andy!

-Greg

Yes, land is at a premium and so as many as possible put into a plot. Of course you can get larger plots but you'll pay for it and tend not to be new build. Very impressed with your build though - looks well made and the spaciousness is just awesome.
    Last edited by The Vee; 04-18-2013 at 10:51 AM

Sweet greg i love to see houses come together. Even if im helping my dad do install drywall.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Thanks guys! Love home construction and home improvement so I've been taking lots of pics of the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

Congrats Greg. I'm happy for you. If you throw a tgc meet, text me ahead of time and I'll make the drive over!
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

very awesome! glad you posted this its pretty cool how fast they work.
    and congradulations! its looks like a great home.
    hdmi and speaker wire built in is win, im remodeling part of my dads house and we built all that into the wall, it makes it so clean!

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    Congrats Greg. I'm happy for you. If you throw a tgc meet, text me ahead of time and I'll make the drive over!
    Thanks bro, when I do, I'll let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    very awesome! glad you posted this its pretty cool how fast they work.
    and congradulations! its looks like a great home.
    hdmi and speaker wire built in is win, im remodeling part of my dads house and we built all that into the wall, it makes it so clean!
    Yess! I just lived through having wires all over the place looking sloppy, tripping hazards. From now on, this is how I'll do it! Thanks, they're doing a great job over there.

-Greg

I'm jelly. Not much space in NY to build your own house

^^Move to MD Aaron, we'd love to have you here lol! Thanks man.

A small update, I went past the house to measure the windows for blinds and shades on April 22nd, here's what I saw:

The houses across the street have their second floors framed, and the exteriors on our side are nearly complete:

Once inside, I noticed all the tilework inside the house was done, and the plumbing (minus the toilets) was being finished:

Foyer

Master shower

Master tub (crappy pic, didn't want the plumber all in the pic)

Laundry room

Main upstairs bath

Also, the appliances were being installed as well as the countertops on the main level:

Laminate for now, the builder wanted too much for granite/quartz etc.

Outside, the fronts were cleared of gravel to prepare for the driveways, AC condenser unit was installed, as well as the gas hookup and electric, all that was needed was the actual meter installed by our utility:

^^How the house sits now^^

Also, as I got back into my car to drive off, one of my neighbors wanted to say hi:

Poor thing was missing a paw. Today (April 25) the hardwood went in on the main level, tomorrow the carpet will go in, next week the landscaping gets done front back and side as well as the asphalt for the driveway. That's it for now, thanks for looking!

-Greg

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    nice. but...

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    ^^The mancave. I can't wait to have fight parties and Superbowl parties down here!^^
    what about the stripper pole? :D

What you trying to do, get me divorced? LOL I need one!

Although, the last time I was near a stripper pole it cost me sixty singles and a $12 cover charge.

-Greg

House looks legit man!
    Also I want that pup! Talk about adorable especially in that second pic.
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    What you trying to do, get me divorced? LOL I need one!

Although, the last time I was near a stripper pole it cost me sixty singles and a $12 cover charge.

HAHA!!! Out 2 oil changes and sandwich... Damn, hope she was good.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Yo Greg Huge congrates on the house... i know you needed the space and a place to put your car off the street....ima def make a trip to you before we move to FL....plus we gonna have to drink some beers and discuss the nameing of the man cave since tech its not under ground ROFLOL. How are the kids taking it they stoked about it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast