The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Other Build Thread (over 100 pics)....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 42
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADEYES View Post
    House looks legit man!
    Also I want that pup! Talk about adorable especially in that second pic.
    Yeah she looked friendly, I think she was a stray though, but I'm not sure. I've never owned any pets other than a few goldfish that my sister overfed and a̶c̶c̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    HAHA!!! Out 2 oil changes and sandwich... Damn, hope she was good.
    Oh she was, I posted in Random Thoughts about that stripper, my goodness......memories (and mammaries)!

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    Yo Greg Huge congrates on the house... i know you needed the space and a place to put your car off the street....ima def make a trip to you before we move to FL....plus we gonna have to drink some beers and discuss the nameing of the man cave since tech its not under ground ROFLOL. How are the kids taking it they stoked about it?
    Thanks bro, I can't wait for this move. My kids haven't been past there yet, so they aren't really excited about it that I can tell. However, since they got crazy excited to see our new apartment that we're in while we're waiting for the house to be finished, I think the first time they walk in and we tell them this is home, they are gonna flip! You just let me know when you coming down on the way to FL, swing through and we can discuss it over brews!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

So, another small update, kinda late but anyway, on April 28 we were going to the mall and we passed the house driving up I-97 again...

...so after the mall we stopped by to see what's up. First thing I noticed was the progress made across the street....

...and how the concrete was poured for the sidewalk and stoops as well as all the trim painted and the rain gutters installed....

...and how my FUCKIN FRONT DOOR DOESN'T HAVE A DOORKNOB ON A DAY THAT NOBODY'S THERE TO WATCH MY SHIT.....

...meaning anyone could just walk on in and take shit! Like I did, but all I took was pictures....

^^Notice the carpet fully wrapped and the electrical on and pumping (not in my name yet though)^^

^^Now that's nice^^

^^Thick rubber over the hardwood to protect it^^

My wife was scared to go in because there was no doorknob, so she and the kids stayed in the van:

That's it. I'm going past today to see the landscaping, after that I probably won't go back until the 10th for the final walkthrough/pre-settlement inspection.

-Greg

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Congrats man, must be really fun to see the whole process go down. i wanted to build my home down here in Texas but got scared of all the bad reviews from builders here so went with an older home. Man I miss gas stoves!

Thanks^^! I wonder how the home builders are getting such bad reps there in TX, here the big names seem to do okay (Ryan Homes is building mine, they're like the biggest new home builder here, Lennar, DR Horton, Ryland, Ameristar, they all do pretty well here, it's the small home builders you might have to worry about). And gas heat/cooking is definitely the way to go :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    its more of foundation issues due to the soil and the standards of how foundation is layed here. here its a floating slab because of the soil that is like clay. when drought comes if you don't water your foundation you can have major foundation issues, cracks outside and inside. From the picture you showed you have a pier foundation which goes into the ground and keeps it balanced and less forgiving. so when i was looking at a used home (only 13 years old when i bought it) you can know if there are foundation issues and you kinda know what you getting into cause after like 10 years from new homes i think the warranty is over.

Hmm, that's something I never knew, makes sense though about the foundation. The soil I'm on is a really soft and loose type dirt, and because of the region we go through dry spells at times but it's never really a drought like I imagine TX and other western states can go through. And you bought your first home at the age of 13? That's incredible! I wish I had someone schooling me on sound financial practices when I was that young, I'm just learning about saving and living within my means, and at 30 just buying my first house.

-Greg

Small update, the exterior is 99.9% done! Verizon needs to come out and install their boxes (the wires at the door are for that) but other than that, it's all sown up! I go to the final walkthrough on Friday, just paid for the lender's home appraiser to make sure the house is worth what the loan is for. Here's pics:

^^The end units get a double-wide driveway, one of the reasons why I wanted one so much^^

The owner of the other end unit is the only one that opted for a deck. I did at first, but when I found out I could get a comparable maintenance-free (PVC) deck built for much less than the $46/ft² the builder was charging, I canceled the deck. That was nearly $9K to put to other options!:

Plus, his deck isn't as wide as I want mine to be, I want it to be that deep (~10ft) but as wide as the entire house (~20ft).

Across the street, they have finished with the windows and roofs and are at the point where those owners are going to start getting scheduled for their pre-drywall meeting:

The next update will be from the final walkthrough on Friday. So excited!!!!

-Greg

Final walkthrough was today, construction wrapped yesterday for our house. I was floored by the quality of the build. Very nice, I think the pics speak for themselves:

Didn't take many pictures of the outside, it hasn't changed since the last update^^

Once inside, we stood and talked with our construction manager for an hour going over all the paperwork, warranties, maintenance issues and so forth, and we got a nice lil binder to contain and organize it all:

After that formality, we toured the house and flipped all the switches and explored all the appliances and plumbing fixtures to make sure everything was ok. It was. after that I went through the house taking pictures:

Main floor:

The hardwood really sets the place off, I love it!

Upstairs:

Main bath

Laundry room

Master suite

Master bath

Son's room

^^All the places where we want to hang a TV have raised outlets so we can minimize the hanging cords from behind the TV, including the bedrooms^^

Daughter's room

Basement:

Powder room (living room powder room looks the same)

^^The light fixtures they want to put in these homes are on backorder, so we get these temporary lights until they come in^^

Foyer

Garage

^^All my life I've lived in ten different homes, none of them have had the breakers marked, none, so this was a pleasant surprise!^^

Man cave (or whatever, Jubeiaire says it's not a cave if it's not underground lol)

And that's it! We close on Wednesday, I may have an update, but it probably won't be until we move in next weekend. Thanks again for looking!

-Greg

pictures arent working

now they do

Photobucket been screwy lately, not to mention they desaturate my pics, I have to go back in and add some color back to them, these pics aren't as vibrant as the originals I shot in RAW.

-Greg

Looks nice man! Can't wait to see how it looks furnished!
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

^^Thanks! We're already in the process of trying to furnish the place. Most of it will be all new stuff.

-Greg

That shot of your man cave of the wall gave me new ideas for jacks in my game room.

Dat master bath doe

Thanks Matt, glad my house could inspire you. I used to have wires coming from behind my hung TV, the shit looked bad and wasn't safe for the kids. If you do some in-wall runs, that'll be dope! I'm not a bath-type dude, but with the jets, I might be!

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    ^^Thanks! We're already in the process of trying to furnish the place. Most of it will be all new stuff.
    That's awesome man!
    ...also if that pup comes back and IS a stray...grab her for me and I will come get her. I'm serious too!! lol

^^It's not a stray surprisingly, I saw her on a leash being walked around when I drove through last Sunday. I have no idea why she was just strolling around that day I snapped a pic of her.

-Greg

^^It's not a stray surprisingly, I saw her on a leash being walked around when I drove through last Sunday. I have no idea why she was just strolling around that day I snapped a pic of her.
    Awe, well i'm glad she is loved. So when do you expect you'll be done moving in?

^^Next Saturday. We settle on Wednesday and we are hiring movers to move us in on Saturday morning, by Sunday the apartment should be cleared out and cleaned up so on Monday I can turn in the keys here and be done with it all.

-Greg

^^Next Saturday. We settle on Wednesday and we are hiring movers to move us in on Saturday morning, by Sunday the apartment should be cleared out and cleaned up so on Monday I can turn in the keys here and be done with it all.
    Hahaha, yeah that ain't happen. I'm still in this apartment.

So, Tuesday of last week (the 14th) I call the loan officer and ask about the appraisal, if it happened, because the money hadn't been deducted from the account yet even though we authorized it a while ago. Turns out, it hadn't happened. So there was no closing on Wednesday, the loan paperwork isn't complete without an appraisal to make sure the home is worth what the sale price is. So our appraisal just took place either Friday or Monday, nobody (including the appraiser's office) could get him on the phone to verify. I'm mad my lender chose this guy, he sucks.

Anyway, the report comes back today (keep in mind we haven't settled, so we don't have possession of the home yet) that the home is not worth what the sale price is. The home was overvalued by $16K. So we need the homebuilder to adjust the price of the home, as we don't have the money to make up the difference in home value and sales price. The builder will lower the price to get you in the home, they'd rather lose 16K than 300K+, or tough it out with the home on the market for however long it takes to get it sold, feel me? So at least our final closing costs will be lower, as well as our mortgage (yay).

Anyway, that means at least another few days to get everything readjusted and sent back through underwriting. So at this point we probably won't settle until mid next week sometime, and we have to move by next friday else we are going to have to pony up another month of rent here, which is want we don't want to do. And it sucks, because Verizon has long wait times to get Fios installed in your home, and we managed to get them to cut our time down by a week, only to have to have them move it back and hope it's not too far back this time. Plus, we'll be among the last to move onto the block, instead of the first like I wanted to be (trivial but hey, it's what I wanted) and we'll be moving in with other families, making negotiating the moving trucks down the street with the construction equipment across the street difficult.

Anyway, I drove past to check out how far the opposite side of the street was, and they're coming along. I would've had more updates on them, but I don't live there yet:

Thanks for reading. Soon as I know more, I'll post it.

-Greg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast