The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: high beam only H.I.D.?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

high beam only H.I.D.?

has anyone ever had an issue of their DDM Tuning H.I.D. kit only working when the highs are on? put mine back in today (took them out while car needed repairs) and they only work when the high beams are engaged, doubled check with the regular bulbs the work fine high or low, no clue what could be wrong, any ideas?

Sounds like the relay harness connector isn't making good contact on the low beam pin.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

not going to lie, i have no clue what what any of that is lol , do you have pics of what part of the wiring i should be checking? or i can just take some either way

The part that plugs into the stock bulb connector on the drivers side. Its got 3 prongs, one low beam one high beam and one ground. Since they only work when high beam is on you must have good contact between the ground prongs and high beam ones and its the low beam failing.

Also a bad low beam fuse, check them.

fuse on the line is fine and the box as well, lights work fine when i use regular bulbs, the connector looks just fine also

Swap the pins, I ran into the same problem and I swapped the low beam and high beam pins in the HID harness plug where it plugs into the factory harness if I recall correctly.

Hey guys i have the same problem. I tried swapping the pins for hi and low and it started to automatically shut off when on high . i tried swapping the pins around again and now my fuses for low beam keep popping and my lights dont work. Oh and the hids work when i plug a bulb into the empty oem headlight socket on the other side.