The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G custom sub/amp install

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

8G custom sub/amp install

Finished the install on my new Sub/Amp in my 2003 8G
    It's a Jensen PowerPlus 1105 powering 2 10's 6x9's on the back deck 6 1/2's in front doors as well as front and rear tweeters.

Lift supports from RedLine Tuning

T.I. 04 BUILD YOUR OWN

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    low end install, but what ever floats your boat

Couple questions:

1.) Who designed your box and where are your ports firing? I ask because it looks like a fourth order bandpass, and they are tricky to design and have good low sound across a decent range of frequencies, most are one-note wonders.
    2.) That one amp powers all your speakers? How's it wired?
    3.) This is my preference (and many other installers and audiophiles out there) that is not meant to criticize your setup at all, but most people will tell you to keep your tweeters/highs up front, tweeters in the back pulls your soundstage way back, especially if they have the same power as your fronts. I just disconnected my rear speakers altogether last week, and the imaging is soooo much better with all the voice coming from the front, the lows from the sub will blend in and it all sounds like it's coming from somewhere on top of my hood, not from my footwells or from behind me anymore. You want to eliminate as much directional sound from the rear as possible, tweeters back there will only enhance it. If you dig that, that's cool, but from an audiophile standpoint your sound may be distracting coming from all over the place.

Other than that, the build doesn't look bad, it's clean looking.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

It is a low end install. I'm not out to win any sound competition. The sound inside the car is very crisp, clean and well balanced. The box ports are on top, I actually modified the box that my subs originally came in with new sides to provide a mounting location for the plexi the amp is mounted to. In terms of wiring it is a 5 channel amp. One for the subs and one for each "corner".
    T.I. 04 BUILD YOUR OWN

Experienced TGC Member
    Looks good to me, and still have some trunk space!

Nice I like how there is no exposed wires, looks like you took your time to fit it cleanly.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    Nice I like how there is no exposed wires, looks like you took your time to fit it cleanly.
    I am really anal about exposed wires... Hate seeing them... Damn OCD
    T.I. 04 BUILD YOUR OWN

Looks good man!