The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cracked dash fix

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

cracked dash fix

i didnt know were else to post this iguess is kind of a customization. so when i done my 5 speed swap i had to remove my dash cause of a cut wire when i pulled out the dash i of course busted in2 peices. so this is how i save a little bit of money and fixed it instead of buying a new one or a coverlay dash cover i only got bout 40 bucks in this fix total.
    this is not a tutorial or at least i wasnt trying to makeone anyways lol

what u will need:
    fiberglass resin
    fiberglass mat
    crazy glue
    ur choice of fabric
    and ur time

first i glued the broken peices back together on the dash(sorry no pic of it will get one up later)

then when dried turn it over nd fiberglass the back side of the dash i recomend taking the 2 parts apart when doing this
    and fiber glassing them

after i placed the glass and resined it
    both on the back side

the front part of the dash were the hazard control and vents go

i will get more pics up as i go im nto finished with this my self. when its done it will be blue on the top part of the dash and the stock gray vinyl with blue vents on the front part will get more pics up soon

I'm interested to see the progress. Keep it up.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

yea im not by any means a upholstery guy lol but i didnt wanna spend all that money ina dash so i sadi what heck ill give it a try and its going pretty good got the fabirc on it yesterday and gonna finish it but today hopefully

this is the top b4 i covered it and after i glued it back together

bout got it done gotta few things to finish up on. thinking bout leaving the speaker cover and airbag gray to break up some of the blue

got it finished just gotta get it in the car now

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    That blue should of been black but nice job on fixing the dash.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

well my car is blue and silver so the black wouldnt of really matched espically since my vents and stuff are blue painted but yea it turned out pretty good

Not bad. It looks a little wavey in spots, but overall you did a pretty good job.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

yea alot of that is were it was cracked so bad it wouldnt of been like that if i had a new dash to cover it was busted pretty bad. it was that and my camera dont take the best pics its just a flip phone. it looks better than it being busted up and i aint got but like 40 bucks in it verses buying another das for over 150 or a coverlay cover dash for like 200. and for me to never had done anything like this b4 i think i didnt do to bad lol. what yall think bout the gray added in with the air bag cover and speaker cover. i think it might look better if the airbag cover was blue 2. i mostly left iut gray to break up some of that blue. what yall think. is it better gray or should i cover it to.

it was kind of in 2 peices when i glued it together. so yea thats kinda why its so wavy lol

I say leave the gray, it breaks up the blue like you said. IMO. Good job for a first time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Great job looks great

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Very nice to see this done. I have a dash sitting in the garage that I already fiberglassed, but its been put on hold for other projects at the moment. Good job.

yea these dashes are like dodge truck dashes crack like eggs lol. and yea i think ima leave it gray and blue it does look better like that