The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Daniel's Shenanigans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    for some reason i cant quote but thank you for the advise galantman.i know the ideal airflow is up down but i was kind of limited being in a garage and all so i figured side to side will have to work, we will see, i can always relocate stuff if i need too.not sure what you are talking about VOC's and the filter?the filter is too keep the dirty air my compressor makes out of the paint.what is fresh air mask?thanks again for the help, first time booth lol.
    I was hoping to build one too but never got to it. I would deff try it first before I would change anything on your setup.
    VOC's are volatile organic compounds, not good for your health
    as far as the fresh air mask, its hard to explain so...
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007L5SL8A
    but it gives you fresh air from another source not inside the paint booth it self

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

dang 800!?!? lol that wont happen any time soon, i just bought a new regular respirator though.i think there should be enough airflow in there for it to not be overwhelming but i can always leave the main door open if i absolutely have to...most of the paints i was looking at are 2.1 VOC. not really sure if that is a lot or what though but i definitely want to be safe, my lungs are a little more important than a paint job.

if you paint once in a while a full face respirator with organic cartridge and filter by 3M is good enough.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

man i am getting very frustrated at this project. i cannot get the paint to lay flat no matter what i do. it is super rough and looks like the gun is just shooting out droplets of paint.SUPER irritated right now ive already sanded the car down like 3 times now. any advice i would greatly appreciate.i am using a harbor freight gun (dont hate) i have it set around 20 psi at the gun which should be pretty close to 8-10 psi at the cap. i just cannot for the life of me figure this out. i will post pictures tomorrow morning

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    i am using a harbor freight gun (dont hate)
    TBH I pretty sure thats the problem... I too used one to paint a hood and couldn't figure out the damn thing.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Well I bought a 3/8 hose to replace my shitty quarter inch one because I thought I wasn't getting enough air. It raised my psi from 20 to 30 but seemed to make no difference to the overall finish.. still quite a bit of orange peel its just not laying right...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12