The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Daniel's Shenanigans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

Daniel's Shenanigans

Alright finaly decided to make a project page for all the projects i'm currently working on.
    Right now i've kind of curbed my galant for a little bit because the next step in that project is new wheels which i wont have to money for a while.

However in case any of you were interested this page will store all of the misc. mostly auto projects i decide to take on.
    Currently working on a 3000gt (mostly body work) and a 85 celica (engine and body)
    And also curently constructing a paint booth do finish these cars up and move on to others.
    Please if you have and constructive input or are curious about anything just ask.

keep in mind i am mostly new to all of this and my galant is really the first car i have modified so dont be too harsh on me haha.

probably going to need 2 box fans for exhaust, any thoughts?

Last edited by dknight3; 05-04-2013 at 09:31 PM

I know very little about spraying paint outside of a paint can, I think if you're not by a house the exhaust shouldn't be a problem, but if you're near one the fumes might bother those living around. The bays we have at work have some sort of device that burns off the VOC's that the exhausts suck in. Plus, your space looks a little limited to spray anything much larger than a Galant, but if you can make it work go for it. And damn, the camber on that front wheel lol!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Ya is roughly 11x20. I see more concerned with me being able to breathe than fumes. I don't think there is much I can do about the fumes without spending a lot of money.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

A good mask will keep your lungs healthy, I used one of those 3M masks with the trapezoid filters when they were spraying one of the trains at work, right up on the paint, I couldn't smell anything.

-Greg

yea i have one of those masks already.
    heres an update

galant chillin at the park.

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Cant wait to see how it'll come out

«Carlos»

Oh wow, now that there's a car in there, that space is much bigger than it looks. You have plenty of room to move around a car.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    Cant wait to see how it'll come out
    i cant either, i have been wanting to paint for a loooong time.

although i had to put everything on hold today while i fixed this

now trying to figure out why there is only 5 teeth in the alternator pulley and everything else has 6.... i possibly got an alternator from a different year... but that is kinda dumb..

deep cleaned some of the interior today..
    the interior is so much more a pita than the galants... the defrost vents were broke from a previous owner and they are screwed in from the bottom so the whole dash has to be removed to get to them...
    and it seems everything i take off is broke in one way or another... it is pretty irritating...

and i spend about 2 hours getting the pulley off the old alternator and tried to put it on the new one but apparently its not going to be possible since they are completely different alternators, i think the people at the junkyard gave me the alt from a sohc and i need the 6 tooth dohc one... more money...

very slow pregress lol but almost everything engine wise is working now i think.fixed harmonic balancer, picked up the right alternator and got that in, fixed misc stuff, made a battery tie down and cleaned everything up.

Oh yea and also replaced the fuse box because the old one was broke in a lot of places and had a screw going straight into a bunch of wires. Oh man that was a super fun project lol.

the G looks so sexyyyyyy!

haha thanks man ive got big plans for the galant. the 3000gt is just to sell to get money for the galant :)6g74 build comin up after this.

normally in a paint booth you want the air draft to go down to keep dust and trash from landing in the paint. I know most primers and clear coats have VOC's and a filter like the one pictured is pointless. Fresh air mask is the way to go. Usually base paint has no VOC 's. A-68 (stock silver g) on PPG does not have VOC's

and now I want a sun roof in the G lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

for some reason i cant quote but thank you for the advise galantman.i know the ideal airflow is up down but i was kind of limited being in a garage and all so i figured side to side will have to work, we will see, i can always relocate stuff if i need too.not sure what you are talking about VOC's and the filter?the filter is too keep the dirty air my compressor makes out of the paint.what is fresh air mask?thanks again for the help, first time booth lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast