The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Power gain from DOHC head swap

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Power gain from DOHC head swap

What's up TGC, I'm working on an audio build with my 8g and need a lil more tq and hp to carry the extra weight without being a slug. I was looking into doing the dohc head swap to my 2.4l, wether I do the audio build or not, for more power. So my question is will it give me more power and how much should I expect. Oh yeah and what could I do to get more power after the swap. Thanx TGC

In the end either just swap a 5 speed in with a outlander manifold, bigger tb, and a tune if you are looking for a little. If you want more turbo it. The head swap will not give you want you want

My memory is hazy but I remember reading in an old Import Tuner/Super Street/Turbo Magazine that there was minimal gains when doing a DOHC swap on a Honda motor.

IIRC, the SOHC engine made more power than the motor with the DOHC swap when the SOHC had the same budget put into building the SOHC.

^ i will put that to the test qnz with my SOHC. RPW did a great job on their stage 3 turbo SOHC cam. Men my motor sounds mean. And is not even 100% stable.

DOHC on a N/A will only produce power on a high compression motor with higher cc injectors due to the extra air flow of the head. On our na engine with 9.1cr is a no go.

Boost is a different story.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Thanx guys I might just stay with the single dingle. Don't wanna go 5spd swap on this car since its mostly for audio. I might go with higher compression. Should I do that with my SOHC or do the DOHC head swap then go higher compression. Don't want to boost it either lol.