The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Carl's 2013 Accord

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 93
    Thread update:

I forgot the month(2013) but I installed a 6k 35w HID kit from theretrofitsource. After Christmas I installed leds from exLeds that I received as a gift. The LED package included 4 leds for the vanity mirrors, 2 for the map lights, a giant led board for the dome and 2 for the license plate. The bigger boards on the these leds allow some brightness adjustment. Currently, I have some of the bulbs set to about 85% brightness and that is still too much.

On order:
    *H8 Nokya Hyper Yellow bulbs for my fogs
    *Rear window spoiler
    *Rear lip spoiler

Soon to be ordered:
    *Saving up for my bag set up. They should be ordered and installed before May. Airwerks bags, tank and compressors(should be installed by May)
    *Accuair E-Level air management system (should be installed by May)
    *Rear window spoiler
    *Rear lip spoiler
    *Wheels
    *Modulo Kit
    *Beer tap shift knob

Problems: I cant decided on a wheel style that would suit my car. Sizing wise, I think I want 9.5 in the front and 10.5 in the rears. I am iffy about BBS CH R's or LM's on my car because again, i'm not sure what will look good on my car. I do NOT want Vossens or Velgens. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind that my car will be bagged and when I attend meets/shows, I will lay frame and will prob have the rear wheels cambered in, a lot.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Weds Kranze Vishunu plz.

I saw an accord 2-door on vossens recently, shit was tight, but I don't wanna clutter your build thread with other cars, so click here to see. Not saying you should get a set, but I like pretty much everything they make, mostly.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Weds Kranze Vishunu plz.
    Not a bad looking wheel. When I saw "Weds Kranze" I immediately thought of the LXZs which are getting really popular as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    I saw an accord 2-door on vossens recently, shit was tight, but I don't wanna clutter your build thread with other cars, so click here to see. Not saying you should get a set, but I like pretty much everything they make, mostly.
    A lot of the Accords in my area are running Vossens & Velgens. That's part of the reason why I don't want them on my car. Also, Vossens quality isn't the best. I've seen Vossens crack/get destroyed after hitting a pothole where as a quality wheel like BBS would probably only bend, if that. I'm not bashing Vossens or anything, its just not for me. I don't mind paying more for a quality product.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

You mean those pricy wheels are some shit? That's crazy. Makes me change how I view them now.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    You mean those pricy wheels are some shit? That's crazy. Makes me change how I view them now.
    Yee, Vossens are super low quality wheels, ie: Rota levels of strength or lower

Kranze LXZ are gross at this point. Can't take any more of them.

Also, please don't do beer tap shift knob, they're even more played.

Yee, Vossens are super low quality wheels, ie: Rota levels of strength or lower

Kranze LXZ are gross at this point. Can't take any more of them.

Also, please don't do beer tap shift knob, they're even more played.
    Agreed though this is a trend I could get into.

Felony Form BMW E36 by Nolan Persons Photography, on Flickr

I like the beer tap shift knob in a lifted redneck truck
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quick update:

Plans don't always work out as planned. That goes for car and more importantly life. My apprenticeship did not go through there fore my plans for the suspension changed for this year. I'll be static instead of bagged for this year.

Idk how the hell this happened or when but it hurt bad to see this everyday. The worse part is that there is a good chance that someone in my family might have done this some how. My guess is it had something to do this the crazy amounts of snow and ice pilled up every where as of late.

I got these BC BR for steal so I jumped all over them.

Last edited by carl3g; 02-27-2014 at 09:32 AM
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Sucks about the rocker panel there. Winter needs to be done with already.

Interested in seeing the Accord lowered, 9th gens really look slick with a decent drop and good set of wheels.

As for Vossens, when I was still at my old job and delivering out into Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens a lot, Vossens are stupid popular. People would slap those concave CV-3 wheels on everything. Sharp looking wheel, but played out at this point.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

If you plan to vip your car out then I'd recommend a 3 piece wheel, weds, works, barramundi, bbs, ssr, hre. Hopefully you don't go extreme on a new car. Vip is getting ridiculous these days and not in a good way. I've seen people swap smaller brake calipers to fit bigger wheels, civic struts on ls400s to maximize being static. Just stupid ideas
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I want to see this on Advan GT or Work Emotion CR Kai.

Super simple, clean, classy wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Sucks about the rocker panel there. Winter needs to be done with already.

Interested in seeing the Accord lowered, 9th gens really look slick with a decent drop and good set of wheels.

As for Vossens, when I was still at my old job and delivering out into Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens a lot, Vossens are stupid popular. People would slap those concave CV-3 wheels on everything. Sharp looking wheel, but played out at this point.
    The CV-3 is a great looking wheel imo but its been played out since last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    If you plan to vip your car out then I'd recommend a 3 piece wheel, weds, works, barramundi, bbs, ssr, hre. Hopefully you don't go extreme on a new car. Vip is getting ridiculous these days and not in a good way. I've seen people swap smaller brake calipers to fit bigger wheels, civic struts on ls400s to maximize being static. Just stupid ideas
    VIP is not for me. Its a great look but just not for me. My theme for this car is "clean". Yes I know thats real vague but my vision is a decent drop, tasteful wheels and prob small black accents. Plus, the Modulo lip kit, trunk lip and rear visor are all small things that would prob make all the difference. Im going to drop it but im not going to slam it as I daily it and just dont wont to deal with the headache.

I want to see this on Advan GT or Work Emotion CR Kai.

Super simple, clean, classy wheels.
    As far as wheels, im open to all opinions. I really like the idea of getting Work VSXX in 9.5 & 10.5 or BBS LMs or CH-R
    Last edited by carl3g; 02-27-2014 at 10:34 PM
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

The VSXX are still my dream wheels. Gonna get a set no matter how played they get for my next nice car.

-Greg

Of course things never go as planned. Wheels are going to be ordered in the AM when I get paid.

Does any one have a website that does renderings for how a certain width would stick out? Or at least guide me in the right direction.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

My friend just sold some bbs lm-r's 20x9 20x10 polished lips and barrels, but I doubt u would like the price. Sold for 4700. I'm even cringing at that price. I'm sure whatever wheel you get will look good.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

Damn Drones lol at $4700 I would get some Roti or Avante Garde.

Sad to say but my wheels for this season will be reps while I piece together my VSXX for next year. I myself am not a fan of reps but with the passing of my grandfather a few months ago and the extra bill's I volunteered to pick up, im just lucky that I was able to save enough for wheels at all.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Honest opinions? The brand is Zedd Performance Wheels. Plans are19x9.5 +25 for tthe front and 19x11 +25 in the rear.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Very aggressive for the accord, maybe 19x9 19x10 would be easier even 9.5 to avoid issues. With those sizes definitely shaved fenders with pulling. I have a friend sizing his new accord right now, I'll ask him for specs on his wheels to give you an idea what to go on.

Okay he's doing 20x9 20x10. He said you can go 10.5 but u have to camber out your wheels to clear.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast