The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Carl's 2013 Accord

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 93 of 93
    Guys to be honest, I dont make alot of money by any means. What I am good at that does help tribute to my expensive habits is my ability to budget like a boss. If need to save up and not go out for 2 weeks, I can do that. After all expenses and after my gas is paid, I can literally spend only 20 in 2 weeks.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Id like introduce y'all to Becky. I got her with .2 miles on her but took her home with 3 miles because the dealership wanted the service manager to put a few miles on her so the tires get broken in more. With new tires, theres 2 layers of compound on the tire. A very thin top layer that gets worn off within about 100 miles, then the rest which is the true compound which you ride on or something like that.

Plans for her:
    Fender eliminator
    Flush mount turn signals in the front
    Blinker module
    Shorty clutch and break levers
    Tank protector
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Looking good Carl, not hating just jealous
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

How's she's sitting right now. That wheel gap is less than a finger nail.

The car is in winter mode. Stock tires are on but not raised all the way. The car will be bagged next year using Airforcesuspension's basic setup. I wanted to do Accuair with an elaborate trunk set up but I realize that I dont need that. The bike is my main focus for next year.

Undecided about either a smoked tail or a clear tail for the sequential LED taillights. Here is a look of the smoked tails. This is the same color as my bike. Ideally I would like to keep a red lense but because the turn signals are yellow, it only comes in clear and smoked so it could show the yellow. Im leaning towards the clear.

Heres a screen shot from a youtube vid of the clear tails

Here's a video of the tail lights with the stop alert and sequential turn
    Last edited by carl3g; 12-08-2014 at 11:09 PM
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

2 Year anniversary with my Bae was on the 27th!!!
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Blog Entries
    Nice ride bro!

Sorry for the delalay. Im busy with work and barely have time to even snap quality pics. Overall im happy with the outcome. I just need to fine tune a few things. It does ride bumpier than stock. Cant go as low as I used to on the BC, thats what kills me. Fronts are maxed out low and rears have a few more threads. Yes, the handling has been effected by the bags. I think im going to install beefier suspension components to help get it back to feeling like stock or when I had the BC.

One of the photos the install shop took

Wheels are 19 inch SSR Agle Minerva. 9.5 inch in the front with a 10.5 in the rear. Flat flaces with a polished kip.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

I dig Minervas, but the red kills me. All chrome would be mind blowing though.

If I keep the Minervas, I might powder coat them a blue. Like a mag blue. Something deep and dark like the New York Giants helmets.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

I like the first set of wheels. You still have em? LoL I got an EX-L that is in dire need of some wheels

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    I like the first set of wheels. You still have em? LoL I got an EX-L that is in dire need of some wheels
    Unfortunately no, I traded them for the Minervas. No changes for the car because im going in to winter mode in a few weeks.

As far as the bike, I just took off the stupid red vinyls on the side of the bike. I think it looks better.

Before

After

Side by side

Fender Eliminator, integrated LED tail light and LED turn signals are on the way.

During the winter, im prob going to end up taking off all the fairings and paint the red frame black which allows me to change up my color schemes on the bike. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by carl3g; 08-25-2015 at 08:47 PM
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

The car has the stock wheels on as of yesterday. I assume I cracked the rim on Friday night when road looked smooth but had a giant step in it. On saturday, the wheel was low on air and yesterday when I went to start the car in the am to go to work, the tire was flat. I took the bike to work in a heavy mist and when I got home, the tire was flat again. The wheels are going for a powdercoat prob in the winter months. Going to get all the curbs and cracked fixed then paint them a deep royal blue. Sort of like the color of the helmets for the New York Football Giants.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345