The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can i take just the back section of 2000 eclipse exhaust & use on my 6g74?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    clebrowns88

Can i take just the back section of 2000 eclipse exhaust & use on my 6g74?

The Local Junkyard has a2000 eclipse gt. can i take just the back half and bolt it up to the front half on my 6g74 exhaust.?? They hack the catalytic convertors off every car so i cant get a full exhaust from junkyard... but the mufffler section and the section that bends around the back axle are there... can i use that (since its only about $15) and take mine off right past the catalytic convertor and connect the 3.0 2000 eclipse gt exhaust? so keep my front exhaust manifolds and the flex piece and the cat section, then it looks like i can take the last two pieces from the 2000 eclipse..

anyone who can answer that, i would really appreciate it.

Do you still have the piece with resonator attached to it?
    If you do still have the piece with the resonator from the galant you can use the rear portion of the exhaust fromthe eclipse.
    Somebody correct me if im wrong.

clebrowns88
    i bought the car with a stock exhaust on it. it is the galant exhaust 6g72. coupled up to my 6g74 motor. where is it on the stock exhaust? i thought only aftermarket exhausts have resonators.. to keep them quieter is the purpose of it right? im trying to pull the stock exhaust from a 2000 eclipse, i read they had the best sound in 2000 and changed them in 2001 because of being too loud.. so thats why im trying to just pull the back part of the exhaust off the eclipse and extend the muffler pipe however long necessary to make it fit on the galant... so will the back portion of the exhaust from eclipse mate up to the muffler where its bolted together by the back axle?