The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Celph Concept's Build Thread

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Celph Concept's Build Thread

thought i'd set up one of these for myself.

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    251.9thousand miles
    bodega beige

Plans for my baybeh

[X] - Completed
    [O] - Ongoing (work in progress, in mail, etc)
    [ ] - Not completed

Exterior:
    [ ] Tint [35% all around; maybe darker in the rear]
    [ ] Color Matching Calipers
    [ ] Rear Window Visor
    [ ] Black Diamond Housings
    [ ] TGC Decals!!
    [o] Front Lip
    [x] 17" or 18" wheels

Interior:
    [ ] New Head Unit [hopefully double din]
    [ ] Footwell Lighting
    [ ] New Pioneer Speakers

Performance:
    [x] Cold Air Intake [short ram]
    [o] Lowering Springs

Repairs:
    [ ] New Window Motor
    [ ] New Windshield
    [ ] Engine Rebuild or New Engine
    [ ] Rebuild Transmission

Still in Question
    [ ] VR4 [old style] Front Bumper
    [ ] Paint Job [Trigger Mauve or Tampa Blue]
    [ ] Rear Spoiler Lip

Thanks in advance to everyone who have answered my questions, gave me parts, moral support, etc.:
    • e_emerson88
    • njjfudge
    • Corey2kG
    • WingZero
    • Guzm4n
    • Dominicano

it's gonna take some time, but i'm ready to roll!! pay isn't well so it will take a while. i do apologize in advance, but i'm in no rush!!

LETS GO!
    Last edited by Celph Concepts; 03-21-2014 at 11:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

This is what i'm working with

The exterior is actually really good! got a few scratches on the trunk, a few [barely visable] paint chips, and of course the missing hubcap

That engine bay tho, is gonna need some work for sure

and of course that interior! i'm gonna possibly need a steering wheel soon. don't want to do that much to the interior though
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

Bruh I'll let you have my steering wheel lol. I'm about to get an NRG storm trooper soon. I already have a wheel adapter and quick release.

what it dew bruddah!! might have to jump on that offer. just keep me in teh loop when you get it. gotta get my window motor from another guy on here first tho! lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    you can get your steering wheel re-upholstered. i think its only like about $100 and it would give you a clean look that nobody else here would have

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

I'll be getting it after I come back from MOD next month. Definitely before the end of July though.

- blows the dust off of this thread [lol] -

sorry in advance for the stories lol. as said at the beginning, this was gonna be a long process thread! glad that things are finally coming along though! since i started this thread i've simply been gathering parts for the ride [btw, i don't have a name for her as of yet lol]. i'd like to think that i made a LOT of process recently.

my FIRST mods were pretty simple. a spectre short ram intake and tinted tails. no need to get into detail about that

it should have started a lot earlier but as we all know, maintenance comes first over mods. after driving for about three years. i thought to myself, "when was the last time the belts had been replaced?!" the belt broke on us once [when my mom was driving it] and i know i didnt have the money for that repair / engine swap so 500dollars later, i was almost good to go! the next repairs will be a radiator fan replacement [the car starts to go over the halfway temp gauge when sitting for long periods of time w/ no movement] and also the window motor. summer time is coming soon and its not too cool driving around with three windows down.

Random pic with njjfudge. great guy! he's already offered to help w/ whatever i need and he's been a help with whatever questions i've had so far!

first thing i grabbed were my rota torques 17s. i was really liking them, but something told me to keep looking for better. they never even made it to my car. looking back i kinda wish i would've kept them

after a long period of looking for trades i was contacted by a guy that wanted to trade. he was actually the original owner [the owner who sold the wheel to the guy i got them from]! crazy, huh. i traded him for his set of OEM G35 18s.

of course it wasn't just that easy...

he was in the process of refinishing them and just never got to finishing them. i saw this as a way to have something on my ride that i actually "worked" on and restored. awkward i know lol. they still havent been done as of yet due to our crazy weather and my hectic work schedule. plus, my steelies have good tires so i'm in no rush.

my next purchase were my coilovers! got them for the low low. mainly because i have to get a shock and lower mount replaced. for the price i paid, it should be fine financially.

after sitting in the house bored, i thought "imma go outside and do something to the car." grabbed my moms hairdryer and my goo gone and debadged my trunk. nothint too major but dammit i'm proud of it! lol

this weekend, i'm hoping to grab this lip from a guy on facebook. he stated it didnt fit his car so he's selling it!

I grabbed a keyless trunk molding today as well [shouts out to dominicano]. hope to have it installed tomorrow

next things i'm hoping to get done is that window motor replacement and tints. and of course the replacement parts for my coilovers.

sent from dat Note2!!
    Last edited by Celph Concepts; 03-22-2014 at 12:15 AM
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

post a pictrure of the intake and what progress you have now