The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS Whole Car Dipped Custom Charcoal Gray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS Whole Car Dipped Custom Charcoal Gray

Friend of mine did this over the weekend. The paint on my car was extremely damaged, cheap Mitsubishi black paint. The plastidip adhered amazingly and we even redid the hood after a spill during the application. It turned out better than both of us expected, I'm very happy with the results. Would love anyone's thoughts on it.

Last edited by Brendan; 06-16-2013 at 06:11 PM Reason: Linked higher resolution photos.

came out really good could have done without the image of the plumbers crack thou smh

It looks fine
    I'll do the diamonds in gloss back or red but that's just me otherwise great job

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Too much overcast in the photo to see the details. Try to take a pic of the car when there is no clouds over head.

From what I can see, it looks good
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by LocoMangoV6 View Post
    It looks fine
    I'll do the diamonds in gloss back or red but that's just me otherwise great job

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah this is just part one, took all of 6.5hours with breaks/redo/dry time. We need to do a little bit of touch ups on some edging around the doors but the body is pretty much done. We're also planning to do the diamonds in black and the wheels in black.

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    Too much overcast in the photo to see the details. Try to take a pic of the car when there is no clouds over head.

From what I can see, it looks good
    Yeah I have much higher resolution versions of these I need to upload, Facebook cut their size down by more than half. I'm hoping we tackle the other parts next weekend then I'll take the time to get some really good glamor shots.
    Last edited by Brendan; 06-16-2013 at 11:59 AM

looks good
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

nice

7ehvsh
    thats looks good, i actually ordered myself the charcoal grey plasti dip for rims to try to match the titanium pearl car color

That turned out nicely, did you use the spray can or a spray gun?

Quote Originally Posted by djaltamira View Post
    That turned out nicely, did you use the spray can or a spray gun?
    My buddy did it for me with a spray gun.

That one, did a really good job, save the time it wasn't fully secured and it spurted out wrong one time after that. But we fixed that both times.

He's trying to start a business doing it for other people, so in return for me building a website for him he did it for just what materials cost him. I decided to document the process for myself and to help promote his services.

Looks like a Wagner gun. The whole painting a car using plastidip as a business has blown up. In NJ, there are a few places/people who offer that service. Hopefully in your state, they don't have many people doing it.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have seen one or two people around here with plastidip on their cars. We're in the Tri-State area Ohio to the North, Kentucky to the South & Indiana to the West. We will see though...

Looks like a good dip job!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

looks good!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Very nice, I'm planning to do the Koi Orange.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Is it ricey?

Thanks for all the replies, I'm glad its getting a good response and I've had almost everyone in person say they really like the look. This project was being talked about and rethought for about half a year now and finally getting started on it feels really good. The dip turned out a lot better than my friend or I expected it would. I was a little skeptical at first since I haven't really seen many full car dips, I am definitely not a skeptic anymore. It amazes me that if you do it the way its suggested it does exactly what everyone says it will. My car is a real head turner now. Before it had visible damage on all four doors and the back bumper as well as having the Mitsubishi Black Paint Cancer that plagues almost all Mitsubishi cars. Having a consistent color definitely improves the look and the matte/plastic/rubber look of it really enhances all the strong lines the Galant has. I couldn't be happier with the results and we will hopefully be finishing up this next weekend. Still need to do the emblems, the wheels and touch ups. I have a bunch of footage I will be sorting through to cut together a video that documents the process and will update this thread with a link for anyone who'd like to see it. I want to get more people into dipping so the next step is to convince my girlfriend to do her Mazda 3 in white to cover up damage that mostly came from someone vandalizing her car. :D
    Last edited by Brendan; 06-19-2013 at 02:08 PM

We dipped the grill, the wheels and the emblems on Friday, this is the result.

Much better pics. Quality came out pretty good.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast