The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: g4cp swap and ecu suggestions

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

g4cp swap and ecu suggestions

I will be dropping a g4cp in my 7ga race car this week and would like some suggestions before I get started on which direction to go. Parts I have now; complete 96-98 g4cp engine and uncut harness, 2gb gst harness and h8 ecu, 1g 2.0 na ecu and uncut harness and several 7ga & 7gb harnesses also have a 94gs ecu but someone here said it cuts around mid 6k. I need to be able to rev to mid 7k range and will be using the 94gs cams w/caps and 5speed also will leave the intake and tb alone as I believe its 60mm from factory. I am leaning toward the 2gb ecu but not sure how it will react w/o turbo, emissions etc. I may be able to get a g4cp ecu locally but not sure if it is worth it. Suggestions please.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

Crap just figured out it is 6 bolt. Well good for the obvious reasons but bad because I have a new lightweight flywheel & clutch set. Something to note though, it has a 3 hole flex plate and I believe someone here was looking for that setup a while back.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at