The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Vis evo hood

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Vis evo hood

i've had a VIS evo hood i got form andy's autosprt couple years ago. i'm thinking of switching back to a stock hood and get a jdm vr4 front end. More of a sleek look. Been thinking of how to style my G.

How bout keep the hood and still do the conversion!!!! Color matching the hood in my opinion would give you the sleek look you want.

I thought about that too. i just can't seem to get the hood to match the lines of the fenders. its like they rise above the fenders torwards the front edge of the hood. i did trim the underside a little around the strut towers thinking that would work and also around the radiator cap. seems it was hitting it too. it helped a some but not as much as i was hoping. I PM'd triggermauve about an old style VR4 front bumper and he found one but it sold before i saw the message he found one so i'm still on the hunt for one of those.

Have you tried turning the knobs down, near the corners?

i did, when i first put the hood on i trimmed for the strut towers but not for the radiator cap. i didn't notice till later on that it was pressing on it. after i trimmed for the cap it helped and i turned down the rubber bump stops on each corner but it still isn't flush. is it possible it could have warped slightly due to the radiator cap?

I had the exact same problem too... i did everything that you mention also.. what work for me and will work for you is to get HOOD PINS. it will keep it in line with your fender.. but i also think i had to move my latch up or down... i forget...but to make them flush is that my hood doesnt fully latch and lock all the way... but as for safety the hood pins keep it in place....
    wise up or stand down

i'll give that a try. thanks for the tip i never thought of hood pins. any advice on the best spot on the radiator support to put them?

THose VIS HOODS are not the best fitting hoods for the 8g...I ran into your problem where i did everything but it still didnt sit right... it was off a little on one side as long as i could compress it down the hood sit flush..and i thought if i could just have a hood pin on that spot it would make it sit flush....and i did my hood pins in a weird spot...it rubs pretty bad on my jdm Heads and its not as symmetrical with the rest of the hood...I think other members put it closer to the radiator support..what i actually did was that i pulled out the metal over the headlights flatten them and drilled a hole... you can find a better spot.. hope this helps
    wise up or stand down