The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Double Din In An 8G?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Double Din In An 8G?

just me looking into the future here...

anyone have a double din receiver in their 8g galant?? i'm looking / hoping to get one in the near future [i guess before the year is over], but i can find the dash kit anywhere!!

is it something that will have to be custom made? i've been on crutchfield, carid, best buy, amazon and cant find anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

I dont think anyone makes a double Din kit for the 8g. Everyone who has double Din, custom made the bezel. Its actually not hard. Took me 2 nights, a tube of bondo, some expoy, and silver paint. I was pretty happy with the results even tho I never used bondo before.

No kits are available, but as Qnz said, it's pretty easy to do. I have an extra radio bezel that was cut for a double din and wrapped in CF vinyl for sale. slight imperfections.

But in my honest opinion, its best to make one for the specific double din unit that you have so the fitment is perfect.

Mine was for an AVH-8400bh

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    But in my honest opinion, its best to make one for the specific double din unit that you have so the fitment is perfect.
    ^^^This

completely understand ya Chi1. stupid question, but how would you go by fitting, i guess, the bezel for the receiver??
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

selling a car pc if interested lol but you could just take ur factory bezel cut out the middle part for the double din to fit then use filler to make it flush

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    Mine was for an AVH-8400bh
    lol funny cause that's one that i was looking at
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Got an extra radio bezel if you want it. It is already cut for a double din jiut never got around to molding it. No longer have a double din in the g so have no use for it anymore.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion