The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car starts fine until turned off for 30min then won't start for hours....

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Car starts fine until turned off for 30min then won't start for hours....

Before you ask yes I have searched the forums but didn't find that any of the 20 "car won't start" threads pertained to my particular problem.
    And YES there is gas in the tank lol

Okay so I can go out every morning and cold start my car first try every time, doesn't matter if its 60 out or 110 outside.
    I can also turn it off after its been running and immediately it will turn back on, time and time again.

The problem occurs when I let it sit for anywhere between 10-30 min after its been running and then shut off.
    The engine turns over and wants to start it just never catches. So it's not my battery or starter (though I am going to replace them soon anyway)
    It's also not my distributor because I have the DOHC GS so there isn't one.
    My spark plugs are relatively new around 2k miles. I haven't had the time to check and make sure they aren't fouled or anything.

So basically my question is before I take shit apart and waste money on stuff I don't need to buy, WHAT could be causing the symptoms I'm having??
    Not getting fuel? Not getting spark? Etc etc I'm a noob so throw any and ALL suggestions at me please.
    I do have spare parts in my complete parts car, if you guys have a quick part swap suggestion let me know.

I can also upload a couple of videos if you want/need more info.
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

Have you checked if your connections are good?

Yupp battery has new heavy duties, everything is plugged in. I'll double check everything just to make sure though.

Pretty sure i fixed this.... but i've only had 1 successful start up so we shall see.... I'll explain if it did/didn't solve my problem.

Problem solved!
    Even though I'm happy my car is running great, I'm a bit annoyed at something.

Few months ago I bought a BRAND NEW IAC valve and o-ring to put on the diamante throttle body I got from the yard. I had installed those and my idle problem that I was having was solved case closed.

Yesterday I was thinking about why my car was being dumb and that ^ was the only thing I had replaced or done anything with recently so for shits I took off the new IAC and the o-ring fell apart in two pieces and IAC was dirty as fuuuu, there was also some sort of fluid in the "chamber" that it sits in.

So I cleaned it out with throttle body cleaner. I also took my old IAC and o-ring and cleaned the shit outta it with TB cleaner and let it dry over night inside.

Took it out this morning and installed my OLD IAC and it works just fine, no starting problems what-so-ever today, not even any hesitation.

So I dunno why that was causing the issue, I mean the idle and everything else was fine. I'm just really really really annoyed that the new IAC didn't last long at all
    If it starts back up i'll update this but as of now its great.

Also I measured the stock GS TB... its the same size as the 6g72 TB in case that info wasn't out there.
    So is there any actual advantage to the 6g72 one in my case anyway? if not I'm gonna throw my old one back on and sell the 6g72 one.