The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: camber kits (home depot compared to store bought)

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

camber kits (home depot compared to store bought)

i was wondering how reliable and safe the dyi home depot kit was compared to the other route. i cant see myself spending about 150 for something that can be done for under 5 dollars for basically the same thing (bolts and washers) anybody ever used the home depot kit or both to get a comparison?

As long as the bolts are at least grade 8 or stronger, from what I hear weaker bolts give out.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Yeah I went for the Ingalls kit because it was more than just bolts and nuts, it has a different bracket as well. Also I knew that I wasn't gonna have to worry about it snapping later on down the road. Having your suspension snap is about as bad having your brakes give out while your driving. Not worth the risk IMO to save a few bucks...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I've had both rear camber kits, a ebay bolts and shims kit (bolt and washers/shims only provide up to 1.5* of negative camber correction) and the ingalls bolt washers and brackets kit, it goes for around $80 for both rears shipped from summitracing and you probably can find a better price on amazon or whatever, with the Ingalls you can correct/eliminate up to 3* of negative camber or add 1* more of negative camber. It just depends on how much correction you need.

4g64T 5spd

thanks for all the feedback guys greatly appreciated i guess its only right everything on this build is top of the line parts shouldn't skimp out on something major like suspension. is there any kits that let you add more then -1?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    ^Yes the Ingalls Camber kit goes up to -3* like Omega said
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    He wants to add even more camber, Ingalls lets you correct -3* or add 1* of neg camber.

I think the maximum neg. camber possible is to drop the car to the lowest possible add the 1* with the ingalls

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    He wants to add even more camber, Ingalls lets you correct -3* or add 1* of neg camber.

I think the maximum neg. camber possible is to drop the car to the lowest possible add the 1* with the ingalls

yea i mean it might not be needed but just incase it would be good to have if needed the rear wheels are 10 inches wide and i will b using a mild spacer so even with body work i still might need something to make the wheel fitted proper when i air the rear out

Go with the ingalls and if its not enough -ยบ then a suppension shop can do some custom fab to the ingalls...if not you'll spend 10* more money to get a suspension shop to custom fab something based on your factory setup.

i did the washer and grade 8 bolt trick on my car it has been that way for over 5 years never had an issue with it if u buy good washers and grade 8 bolts its perfect. ive had it lined up twice since i have done it and the guy tells me its dead on every time he checks it. fyi i didnt not have it checked cause it cause it needed it i had cheap coilovers and it kept throwing it out alignment fyi dont get cheap coilovers there more trouble than there worth. i got teins now but anyways i have had no issues with the home depot trick. it worked great for me long as u dont go cheap on the supplies i got bout 15 in mine with all the bolts and washers