The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need some opinion on this exterior look

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33

Need some opinion on this exterior look

I was messing around earlier with my note 2 and came up with this (i don't know how to work with photoshop hahah)

I've been wanting to get the cyber 1 body kit but, I already like my front bumper how it is right now. So my plan was to get vr-4 sideskirts then the erebuni style rear bumper like censee's and keep my 02 front bumper with the lip. Do you guys think that this look would look good all around or not? the rear would look something like this, but without the spoiler

I'm 99% sure Erebuni stop making the front and rear bumper for the 8G. So if you want that rear you'll have to buy it from someone who has it or have it custom made. Or call the company and see if they can still make you one but i doubt it. I would go for a different lip since alot of 8Gb owners have that lip already, but if you like it then get it.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

I think it looks good bro. I like the how the 8gb looks with that lip.

I like the look ur gunning for. I think it would look really clean.

Thanks for the input guys! I think i'm just going to go ahead with this plan. i'll be buying the parts sometime this fall but probably won't be installing them and painting them until next spring.

I don't think the skirts flow IMHO.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

The skirts on the pictures? I was actually thinking about going with vr4 side skirts instead of the ones in the picture

i like it! would love to see it
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

Update

It took me awhile but here is what I ended up doing

I took Black8GV6's advise with a different lip since it was really common to see the 8gb bumper with the integra lip. I did everything that was done on this car. This was my first time working with fiberglass(side skirts) as well as polyurethane(front lip) and doing custom body work in general. Although there is still a lot that I could improve upon, i'm pretty satisfied with the result of about a months worth of work.

as for the rear bumper I decided not to go ahead with the erebuni rear just because of safety issues with installing it. I always have passengers in my car and i would risk safety for looks, but i might try and get myself some rear super vr4 extensions or go with jdm rear bumper with side extensions. (probably won't happen till next summer since school is coming up again)

Look good. I like the color, nice car

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

Looks very good! I like the new lip. Color is A+ as well.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

So when do we get the scoop on the new lip? What's it from?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Experienced TGC Member
    ^ X2. Would like that one on my other G.

Never! Be original guys lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I know I already said I like your lip, but now seeing the whole car, I think this might be my fav 8gb lol (no slight to the others). Seems most people like the 8ga front cause of the nose divide on 8gb the bumper...but I always liked the 8gb for that reason, cause it kinda looks like the divide on the evo 8 to me.

Hey just thought of something, your cars is pretty much perfect imo, but what about this idea..dipping the chrome door trims silver or more of a matte finish to match the wheels. Doesn't plastidip have an aluminized look?

Like I said just an idea, but if you feel it won't fit in the grand scheme of things, then no need in fixing what's isn't broken lol.
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 09-01-2014 at 11:24 PM

Thanks for the compliments! and yeah that nose divide does resemble the one the evo 8. I like the evo 8 lol. As for plasti dipping the door trims, i thought about doing it but i decided to just stick with chrome for a more "oem" look

Gotcha, makes complete sense

So what lip is that? Lol. I already have my plans for my car. Yes, that lip is nice and looks good, but its not quiet my style. But I'm curious to find out. I'll keep asking just like when Greddy first Vid his "mystery" lip. Lmao.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast