The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mount for short ram intake

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Mount for short ram intake

I got one of those short rams from eBay for 3G eclipse. The mount for it was cheesy so I got a piece of angle iron from lowes and it fit perfect.

Overlook the dirty engine bay and the zip tie lol.
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

That's the same angle iron I used to hang my garage door opener lol. Same sticker and everything. Except I bought 4 ft lengths.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I was helping someone get some for a garage door setup and I see that short piece and thought I'd give it a try and it fit perfect. Didn't have to do anything but attach it to those bolts lol
    Last edited by XsinshineX; 07-20-2013 at 03:18 PM
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

Sorry... but that is horrible.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

the mount that came with my Weapon R intake was one of those flexible metal perforated strap things, doesn't look terrific (also I need to repaint part of my engine bay because the new paint hasn't set yet because it keeps scratching it....), but it works, a fully solid one would be perfect (because the thing is so damn flexible), it is what it is

lemme dig throug Weapon R's website, they might sell these mounts individually, trust me, it will look so much better than that, also you won't have to use a new zip tie or unbolt the angle iron every time you need to take off your intake
    Just because something is old, doesn't mean you throw it away

Geordi La Forge

Lemme get this straight, you bolted down a strip of metal and then zip tied the air intake to the strip of metal?

Why not just zip tie the air intake to those big harnesses underneath it...

Either or, its not properly done and looks wrong, to be honest I rather have an intake just sit there than for it to be ziptied to some metal strip or anything for that matter.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

i agree it is pretty cheesy looking. it was an off brand ebay intake that had a flexable mount that broke. the filter on the end when it didn't have a mount layed on the transmission and the moveable part next to the trans dipstick rubs it and tears up the filter. this was a temp quick fix to get the intake up off the transmissiion. i have plans to work on the engine area and do the 5 speed swap. i'll get things looking better and more orginized just thought you guys would get a kick out of my Macgyvering lol

ehh, i've seen and done worse LoL... Just keep an eye on it bc it'll eventually rub a hole through.

^^^That.

Where it rubs on the battery too.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

this ^, for both you guys, if the intake rubs on the battery mount, put on a layer or two of electrical tape, or at least something as a cushion, or if a 90 degree coupler was included with the intake (that goes from the intake to the throttle body), you should be fine
    Just because something is old, doesn't mean you throw it away

Geordi La Forge

Quote Originally Posted by foxbrand View Post
    this ^, for both you guys, if the intake rubs on the battery mount, put on a layer or two of electrical tape, or at least something as a cushion, or if a 90 degree coupler was included with the intake (that goes from the intake to the throttle body), you should be fine
    I never even thought of the metal piece rubbing through the intake. thanks for the tip!

mine looked close to that but was very thin and the weight of the intake wold bend it till it finally broke under the weight and movement of the intake.