The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.3 stroker motor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Long rod 2.4 or regular 2.4 are my choices. Regular 2.4 can rev to 7500 and a long rod can rev to 8500 due to the different rod angle ratio while not giving up a thing. So faster spool and being able to rev as high and the 2.0 and 2.3 while making more power and torque.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I'll second the 2.4, either that or a 2.1 are my choices.

222whp/250wtq

i went with a 2.0 because 2.4 or 2.3 on a FWD is retarded. it's going to break the tranny. and never hook without a built tranny and all kinds of other expensive mods.

now if i was AWD 2.4 without hesitation!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

But if I were to put my turbo setup on a 2.0 I would still make the same power. In my eyes no matter what power you make you can break anything, it's all about who is in the drivers seat. If fwd would break everything with a 2.3 or 2.1 there would be no built GSTs but there are. Not saying you don't have a point that FWD sucks but to say the engine displacement is what matters is foolish because I can build a 2.0 and make more power with it than the 2.4 and rev higher and do all kinds of things. It depends on the end setup and goals. For me I would never go over 400 hp with fwd and you will learn how to drive it. Don't worry.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    But if I were to put my turbo setup on a 2.0 I would still make the same power. In my eyes no matter what power you make you can break anything, it's all about who is in the drivers seat. If fwd would break everything with a 2.3 or 2.1 there would be no built GSTs but there are. Not saying you don't have a point that FWD sucks but to say the engine displacement is what matters is foolish because I can build a 2.0 and make more power with it than the 2.4 and rev higher and do all kinds of things. It depends on the end setup and goals. For me I would never go over 400 hp with fwd and you will learn how to drive it. Don't worry.
    what i am saying is there is a difference in the torque. you can't say that a 2.4 or 2.3 will make the same torque as a 2.0 thats what i'm saying. the torque is whats going to break shit

i got my 2.0 motor from a GST that blew its FWD diff lol

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

One. U wi break trani if you try to lunch it like it was an awd

Two. LSD will make a big different and will even the load on diff.

If you built boost at the right rpm without lunching it. I dont think trani will break specially if is rebuilt right.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    One. U wi break trani if you try to lunch it like it was an awd

Two. LSD will make a big different and will even the load on diff.

If you built boost at the right rpm without lunching it. I dont think trani will break specially if is rebuilt right.
    i was talking about stock trannys

i have been in a dsm that broke the tranny not launching

unless you add new parts, or upgrade the diff. it's going to give out under the torque load if you don't drive like a granny

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    i was talking about stock trannys

i have been in a dsm that broke the tranny not launching

unless you add new parts, or upgrade the diff. it's going to give out under the torque load if you don't drive like a granny
    Thats my point here. Lets be serious. If you going to built the block and add a turbo why not also rebuilt the trani and and add LSD. it makes sense.

I built my block from the bottom up
    balance crank
    Manley rods
    87 wiseco hd piston
    I mean all out.

Trani is rebuilt. All 1-5 synchro. Bearings and all seals. Added an LSD upgraded clutch to stage 4 cutch master 6 puck, ss lines And added full synthetic gear fluid. Even the axles and hub bearings i changed. Lol.

This will hold about 400hp all day long

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

No your 100% right lsaurio if you build a motor you have to upgrade everything else in the drive train , I've learned from past mistakes to just do it the right way from the start , because it sucks doing something two or three times to get it right and you usually spend more money in the long run when you try and cut corners

My stock 2g GST tranny is holding well but I also know how to drive it and what not to do. I went to the GST tranny when I snapped 2 axles with the galant tranny and didn't have a problem at all because they are beefier axles and gears in the tranny. If you are really worried just get a 2g AWD tranny, weld the center diff, put in the solid axle part and run where both sides have the same size axle so there is less likelyhood of an issue with axles and the 2g AWD trannies can take a hell of a beating
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

thats the truth those AWD parts take abuse

Building Motors Rule #1) You don't build your daily, while it's your daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    JJAJA so true.

SOHC Turbo

That's y I bought my lancer :)
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    thats why my motor didn't go in 2 years ago.

my daily is my 335

Among other things. 3G guys blow up the four popper trannies even when built with an LSD making 325whp or less. Synchros and bearings have nothing to do with it. If you've pulled the gearbox apart and compared it to an Evo one or really any gearbox that can hold power you'll see that the gears and shafts are simply too puny to hold more than reasonable power for long periods of time unless you pussy foot it everywhere.

On that note, you won't shit for times on the strip or street unless you launch it hard. Take that from someone whose tried... Unless you're on drag slicks you'll have one hell of a time.

thats why my motor didn't go in 2 years ago.

my daily is my 335
    whuuuuut? what you got done to the 335?
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Silvertune, that is why at least I have gone to the GST tranny. From all I read stronger gears and shafts than the galant tranny. It held up before let's see with the new motor in the next few weeks how it goes
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    whuuuuut? what you got done to the 335?
    it was tuned with dual 3" turbo back exhaust with secondary cats removed. it was in the neighborhood of 410 WHP. but the tune (piggy back was causing issues) i removed it and i'm going to retune with a cobb AP, 7" intercooler, and cattless down pipes. with that combo i should be around 440 to the rear wheels

i dynoed it this past sat for a baseline before the tune and parts get put on. 259 hp and about 280 tq to the wheels stock is not bad at all

it was tuned with dual 3" turbo back exhaust with secondary cats removed. it was in the neighborhood of 410 WHP. but the tune (piggy back was causing issues) i removed it and i'm going to retune with a cobb AP, 7" intercooler, and cattless down pipes. with that combo i should be around 440 to the rear wheels

i dynoed it this past sat for a baseline before the tune and parts get put on. 259 hp and about 280 tq to the wheels stock is not bad at all
    Thats not bad at all as a baseline! I used to work at Ar Design. Their downpipes are legit but they are $$$. Any plans on meth? Cobb is definitely the way to go on those cars, glad you didnt say you were going with a JB4. I would have done my best to talk you out of that haha.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast