The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.3 stroker motor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 44 of 44
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    Thats not bad at all as a baseline! I used to work at Ar Design. Their downpipes are legit but they are $$$. Any plans on meth? Cobb is definitely the way to go on those cars, glad you didnt say you were going with a JB4. I would have done my best to talk you out of that haha.
    i hate piggy backs. i had a proceede. freaking random missfires everytime i was hitting 5k rpm. meth i'm on the fence about

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

YUP! exactly what happens, its uncanny! Random misfires everytime. Used to think it was spark blowout but nope its the stupid piggyback. Hate those things with a passion now as well. Meth has great potential on those cars but a tad finicky
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Meth is shotty. Only place it should ever be tuned is on the dyno. Even when the car runs fine with it you may or may not get the positive effects of it and can swing huge amounts of output with the slightest tweak. It's awesome when setup right but the guys I know that use it from 300whp to a thousand go through a LOT and quickly. That's my biggest turn off to it.

Its a lot like tuning on e85. Very easy to pass MBT. As you say Silvertune it shouldnt be tuned without an accurate way to monitor power levels. As usual more power more fuel :)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123