i been looking to replace my kenwood kvt 512, not that theres anything wrong with it just felt like it was time for something new. I came across the "appradio 3" from pioneer and fell in love. The futuristic styling is so much more sleek and simpler compared to the other double dins with buttons on the side of the screens. The menus look stunning from the backgrounds to date/time it looks WOW. the thing that sets this radio apart from the radios i'm used to, the "apps" feature where it syncs up to ur smartphone and you can control a majority of ur apps through the radio which was a HUGE win for me seeing as i have my ipad mounted in the dash a radio that i can have direct access, thought not needed, would be very cool. It uses mapping apps for navi and radio apps for music. Another feature that caught my attention is the "mirror link" feature, which basicly mirrors everything off the selected device which is sometimes good as well because in the past radios that connect to devices like iphone/ipod/ipad stay a blank screen until a "video" is present like youtube or netflix for example. ALSO the 500 dollar price tag i felt was pretty reasonable for what it was offering and the competing radios were up in the 800 range. so i went down to the local best buy where a few of my friends work at with the intentions of buying but my buddy was using his discount for me which would make retuning it very diffucult so i wanted to make sure its just what i need. i take it out the box instantly impressed but i turn it to the back and NO OUTPUTS. my car running multiple tvs this is a MUST have and i felt it was pretty bad to include a dvd player with unit BUT not have a output jack to display to exteral devices? i guess due to the lower price of the unit they skimped out on what was the most important part of the radio to control all media in the car not just the ipad. that being said im trying to find ways to make this radio work without the output. it seems that pioneers top gun radio does do everything im looking for, basicly the app radio plus gps and all the bells and whistles including the video output but 2 things that stop me from hopping on it 1 being lack of mirror link like the app radio and 2 being its 1200 price tag. seeing that this radio doesnt have mirror link im shakey on it because i dont want the screen to be blank a majority of the time unless i am using netflix like mentioned above BUT it does have Composite A/V Input which is what is how im using my ipad in the car now. from my ipad retina im running lighting adapter to a hdmi convertor into the a/v input on my kenwood. WORKS FLAWLESSLY, with the acception of the size looks a little small but when apps like netflix or youtube come on it takes up the whole screen. but i feel like if i would have to keep using the convertor to make it plug thru the a/v connections it kills the purpose. another way around this i was thinking of was if i were to get the "appradio" to get an hdmi splitter and split it at the adapter for the lighting port to ipad that way i would send 1 signal to my hdmi to composite convertor and sent the video independently from the distrubution block to the rest of the tvs and have the other hdmi go to the radio but im not sure how that would work for controling the ipad from the radio also again would render the dvd player in the radio next to useless because i still wouldnt be able to send the signal from the radio to the tvs due to no video output but then again if i dont use dvds/cds at all they do make a version of the radio with no cd/dvd slot BUT because it doesnt have that feature it loses its motorized tilting screen which seeing as my radio is relocated to where my lighter used to be would make it harder to see easliy even if i made a enclouser to house it it would still be very useful to have a tilting screen...thoughts? input comments questions anything constructive to help me decide would be greatly appeciated