The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hose from Valve Cover to Inake

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Hose from Valve Cover to Inake

i acquired an aftermarket intake from agood friend recently. i went to install it and hit a pause moment. as seen on the pic above, there is a hose running from the valve cover to the oem intake.

what is this thing and what does it do??

how would i go by installing my new intake? it didnt come with a replacement hose to replace the one that came stock w/ the car. [there is a "hole" on the intake tubing so i know that it connects]

i'm pretty sure that i can go get one from autozone but i dont know what to ask for! that and i don't want to go by cutting the oem hose [just in case the new intake is faulty]

my wording is horrible, i know
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

Just have the proper size cut to length at the parts store. They should have it in bulk where they sell it by the foot. It shouldn't be more than a couple bucks.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Or you can just use your OEM hose. You will have to cut it shorter but it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    Or you can just use your OEM hose. You will have to cut it shorter but it fits.
    that was the primary plan but i wasn't sure if i should do it or not! i'm one of those "what if something fucks up" type of guys lol
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

Hose is part of the PCV system, for emissions purposes. There is one hose (one on the left) that goes from valve cover to intake manifold. and the other hose (one on the right) that goes form the air intake hose (also known as "air intake snorkel") to the valve cover. Its purpose is to keep the motor as an enclosed system and to prevent crankcase emissions from being released into the atmosphere.