The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Vis carbon fiber trunk

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Vis carbon fiber trunk

I recently purchased and installed the vis carbon fiber trunk on my 8g. the new trunk has two slots for the license plate lights so ive been having a problem finding a jdm kit of some sort so I don't have a nice empty slot it just doesn't look right. also the old chrome galant trim doesn't fit either the key hole and the one license plate light fit but the actual chrome trim is not as long as the jdm one. im sorry if its hard to understand the description ive given you but im currently in afghan getting ready to go home and was trying to find and order all the required parts so I could install them while I was home. if any of you have ran into this problem and could help me out id really appreciate it. below I will attach a link so you guys could see the exact carbon fiber trunk im talking about. id really appreciate the help guys

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2003-Mi...3618ef&vxp=mtr
    !!!Marines!!! Its what i am, Its what i do. Support Our Troops

Hey the issue is that is a eudm trunk afaik and the jam plate slot won't touch the lh and rh sides of the slope it's euro Length so I'm afraid your stuck with it lol..

I can supply you anything jdm tho if you need ok
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

thank you for the help qcustoms. im going to try and see if I can find any eudm parts to fit it. do you know any good places where I could find such parts?

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    For the trim you can use it from an 01 civic I believe ask stewi he has a cf trunk and used the civic molding

«Carlos»

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    For the trim you can use it from an 01 civic I believe ask stewi he has a cf trunk and used the civic molding
    thnx man ill definitely look into it. I was also thinking about just getting another license plate light assembly to cover the second open hole and if I hooked it up it would give my rear end a different look

btw guys I will post pics of the car once im home. doesn't have much work done to it just rims, sound system, soon to have k&n cold air intake, carbon fiber trunk and hood, few other things. the engine is still untouched really have no idea what to do with a 4cylinder. plus living in California and still trying to meet the emissions kinda sux